Oct 25 2013
By: Shardach686 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

My Account Was Probably Hacked

[ Edited ]
4 replies 330 views Edited Oct 25, 2013

Once upon a time I got on my PS3 one morning and booted it up; couldn't log in because the email ID or password was wrong. I didn't change anything from any other morning and I was in automatic login so I know it wasn't me.

The email ID for my account was an abandoned old one that got hacked. Earlier I had my MC account stolen but I managed to get it back by proving I was the owner of it. Now it seems to be my PSN.

My password was the same password I used for everything else so no wonder he got access to it, couldn't verify my account since I don't remember what I set my date as back then maybe the hacker changed it I don't know.

Tried contacting PSN Live Chat or whatever, they told me their service was for US and Canada only and gave me a phone number and email address to people who are in charge of that I guess. Can't call 'em on the phone since I don't live in Finland but I did send them an email, it's been two days and no response, probably gonna re-send them one in Finnish using Google Translate this time. Who knows maybe they'll mistake me for a Finnish kid with bad grammar and actually take me seriously.

Made a new account on a separate email to write this, I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. I really don't want to lose my copy of Last of Us I bought online, trophy progress and friends and everything.

Please help, I've been stressing over this like hell.

EDIT: Derp, didn't put any actual info on the account I lost.

ID was **BLEEP**

Username's **BLEEP***

Edited Please do not post personal information in the forums

Message 1 of 5 (330 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14114 posts

Re: My Account Was Probably Hacked

Oct 25, 2013

You should remove your e-mail address from your post.

These forums are for North America, along with the phone number and live chat shown on the link at the bottom left of any forum page.  You don't mention where you live, but why would you call Finland if you don't live there?  Something doesn't add up.  E-mail contact for North America was removed a while ago.

Long and short, if you can no longer access the e-mail account associated with the PSN ID you want to recover your only option is SONY customer service.  You need to know the answer to your security question and you should have the serial number of your console handy as well.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 5 (303 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

I had to sign my country as Finland 'cause PSN doesn't support my country even though it's right next to Finland. Been buying PSN cards to buy things since can't use a credit card or anything.

Email is the only way to get my account back then? They still haven't replied yet, should I persist? Send another more bitchy email?

I can answer my security question, got my console number in the ready as well. Guess I'll just send 'em another email in English providing more details.

EDIT: Is there seriously no other way to get your account back than to contact a Finnish email that ignores my emails? I'm freaking out here!

Message 3 of 5 (285 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5897 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Shardach686 wrote:

I had to sign my country as Finland 'cause PSN doesn't support my country even though it's right next to Finland. Been buying PSN cards to buy things since can't use a credit card or anything.

Email is the only way to get my account back then? They still haven't replied yet, should I persist? Send another more bitchy email?

I can answer my security question, got my console number in the ready as well. Guess I'll just send 'em another email in English providing more details.

EDIT: Is there seriously no other way to get your account back than to contact a Finnish email that ignores my emails? I'm freaking out here!

Hi Shardach686,

Here's some European Support contacts that may help:

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/842/p/0

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 4 of 5 (266 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Thanks, made a topic on the European forums, no replies in the last 12 hours. No reply from the Finnish email either, I'm beginning to think either it's an abandoned email or none of them can actually understand English.

Message 5 of 5 (252 Views)
0 Likes