Nov 12 2011
By: FEC_br First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Multiplayer

2 replies 28 views Edited Nov 12, 2011

I bought battlefield 3 in Germany, when i was visiting that country. Now i can't play the multiplayer mode because It is impossible to insert the online-pass.

I have an account at PSN.com (US). My question is..... Do i need a Germany PSN account (de.playstation.com) in order to play multiplayer mode?

Hope you guys can help me out !

Message 1 of 3 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34186 posts

Re: Multiplayer

Nov 13, 2011

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community for the US/NA.

Firstly all PS3 disc-based games are region free, DLC & online passes however are for specific regions & the country from where the game was purchased, hence the reason you cannot play BF3 multiplayer here in the US on a game you purchased in Germany.

Please be advised that setting up & accessing a PSN Account other than your own countries is also against Sony's T & C's & can get players suspended, just thought I'd let you know.

Check out the link below, it's similar in many ways to your own current issue.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA12/comments/kxhsm/ps3_does_the_online_pass_work_on_all_accounts/

Message 2 of 3 (28 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Multiplayer

Nov 13, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

Please be advised that setting up & accessing a PSN Account other than your own countries is also against Sony's T & C's & can get players suspended, just thought I'd let you know.

Although it's true that supplying an invalid mailing address is against the Terms of Service and Sony can pull the rug from underneath you if they chose to, I've never heard of anyone getting suspended for it. Sony's stance is that they cannot support you if you have problems using an account for a different region than your own. You're on your own.

Lastly, we cannot guarantee the functionality of the PLAYSTATION®3 system and access to the PlayStation®Network from outside of its designated region. The PLAYSTATION®3 system and format software titles are only designed to run in the respective regions and countries for which it was intended. You may experience problems when you attempt to operate a console from outside its designated region and access the PlayStation®Network.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/purchasing/index.htm

Message 3 of 3 (28 Views)
0 Likes