Jul 16 2013
By: gump1122 First Son 3 posts

Movie rental issues

4 replies 169 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

I rented HP Goblet of Fire Sunday the 14th.  Tried streaming it and it wouldn't stream so my only option was to download it.  25 hours later it finished downloading but I can't play it.  It says I must register this product to play it and kicks me to the rent/buy options on PSN.

I was charged the $5 but I'm unable to watch the movie.  Help.

Message 1 of 5 (169 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Re: Movie rental issues

Jul 17, 2013

gump1122 wrote:

I rented HP Goblet of Fire Sunday the 14th.  Tried streaming it and it wouldn't stream so my only option was to download it.  25 hours later it finished downloading but I can't play it.  It says I must register this product to play it and kicks me to the rent/buy options on PSN.

I was charged the $5 but I'm unable to watch the movie.  Help.

You have up to 24 hours to view the content after the first time it is played. You decided to stream the movie, which counts at the time you started to view the movie. Due too slow broadband speeds you were unable to actually stream the movie and as such you decided to download the movie to your system. A process that took you over 24 hours. This is why you are being told that you  need to once again rent the movie.

There isn't much you can do for the term of service are clear on this matter. This is why I always recommend people to always download the movie file to their system.

With that said you can contact SONY consumer support and calmly describe your experience with the service.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 5 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I did not CHOOSE to download anything.  I chose to stream it, the PSN network claimed I couldn't (though I've never had issues with Netflix or the like).  I was FORCED to download it after repeated streaming failures if I wanted to watch what I already paid for.

I'll look elsewhere.  Thanks for trying.

Message 3 of 5 (148 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

Jul 18, 2013

gump1122 wrote:

I did not CHOOSE to download anything.  I chose to stream it, the PSN network claimed I couldn't (though I've never had issues with Netflix or the like).  I was FORCED to download it after repeated streaming failures if I wanted to watch what I already paid for.

I'll look elsewhere.  Thanks for trying.

Either/Or what I stated on my previous post still stand.

If you need further reading on the matter here is a link to the PSN Video Rental Terms

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1104/kw/movie rental

Also, in my previous post, I provided you with the SONY CS support number.

Have a good one.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 4 of 5 (142 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 18, 2013

And again I thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Likes