Mar 02 2012
By: black10693 First Son 21 posts

Motorstorm: Arctic Edge removal from store complaint!

10 replies 367 views Edited Mar 2, 2012

First of all, I bought this game back in the fall of 2009. Second, I didn't even know about the Vita exploit untill I realized that the game was pulled from the store. Third, I emailed Sony support and they didn't answer a single on of my questions. My questions where:

Will the game be patched and re-released?

If so, when will it be ready for re-release?

If not, is it possible to give me a full-refund of when I bought it which was $39.99 USD?

This is what I got from them:

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI). My name is Meagan, I will be assisting you today with your inquiry about this game. I sincerely apologize for any frustration this has caused.

You have reached Technical Support for the PlayStation®3 system. We deal with troubleshooting the console, such as no picture, not reading discs, etc. Unfortunately, we do not offer specific game or User Interface support. Specific questions regarding in game content, PlayStation®Store content, or settings with game will have to be directed to our developers on our forums

http://community.us.playstation.com/index.jspa

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, I understand this is extremely frustrating. However Nathan, I would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments out of your day to complete a random customer satisfaction survey regarding my personal response to you. You may receive this survey at a later time. I review this data daily and would be happy with all the information I can receive to improve my personal responses. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Meagan N.

Customer Services

1-800-345-7669

http://us.playstation.com

-----------------------------------------------------

Okay, I went to that link and nothing showed up for it. I have no idea what the heck will happen. Will it be like Mercury and never return or will it recover and give the inconsiderate hackers a middle finger?

Get your Portable ID!
PS Vita (Wifi) - 16 Gb / 8 Gb
PS3 (Phat - post PS2 backwards) 120 GB
Message 1 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Motorstorm: Arctic Edge removal from store complaint!

Mar 3, 2012

I purchased the PSP Double Pack of Motorstorm Arctic Edge / Twisted Metal: Head On right after it hit PSN in anticipation of playing the titles on my Vita (I've never owned a PSP) - and neither have been playable.  This latest issue w/ Motorstorm is a real disappointment.  I hope this will be resolved quickly.

Also - please get the PSP title "Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters" back on PSN for purchase - it disappeared right after my Vita arrived.

Message 2 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 3, 2012

Just to make sure you know, you can install unsupported PSP games via you PS3 or PC.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 4, 2012

Unfortunately, neither Motorstorm or Twisted Metal PSP worked on Vita using the PS3 transfer method. Most games did.

- And Ratchet & Clank: Sizes Matters has vanished for purchase off of the PSN store (It was going to be a Vita "day one" purchase).

Message 4 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30118 posts

Mar 5, 2012

You guys really need to read the PSN terms and conditions, and Playstation Store licenses, before you just click through them; otherwise you really have no right to complain. Not that complaining here will do any good, as no one that runs the Playstation Store reads this forum anyway.  From day one, the Playstation Store has always operating under the condition that Sony can remove any game from the Playstation Store, at any time, for any reason, without notice or refund.  That's part of the deal when you buy from the Playstation Store, and you agreed to that when you made your purchase. 

Sony has removed games from the Playstation Store numerous times before.  Sometimes Sony has no choice, such as when the publisher of the game has lost the legal right to distribute the game (that happened with all of Atari's Dragonball Z games), or when the publisher simply decides not to offer that game in the Store anymore (happened with Final Fantasy I and II for the PSP).  Sometimes, in the case of Sony-published games, Sony does have a choice, and chose to remove it. Sony may remove a game because the Playstation Store version had technical problems, or for other reasons.  The game may, or may not, ever return to the Playstation Store. The terms and conditions of the Playstation Store made clear for years that while you can download the game to your activated consoles for as long as it is available in the Playstation Store, Sony has no obligation to make it available in the future. Sony advises you to download the game immediately, and not count on it being there even an hour later.  That's life in the world of digital distribution.  If you want to ensure access to the game in the future, buy it on disk or card.

GKP
Message 5 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30118 posts

Mar 5, 2012

hotandserious wrote:

Unfortunately, neither Motorstorm or Twisted Metal PSP worked on Vita using the PS3 transfer method. Most games did.

- And Ratchet & Clank: Sizes Matters has vanished for purchase off of the PSN store (It was going to be a Vita "day one" purchase).

Not all PSP games will work on the Vita currently.  The PSP emulation on the Vita is far from perfect.  As a result, all current PSP games in the Playstation Store need to be tested on the Vita, before being offered for sale for the Vita.  PSP games will not appear in the Vita Playstation Store, or be visible in the Connection Manager, until they have been tested.  Some less-popular games may not be tested on the Vita at all for financial reasons, and will never appear in the Vita Playstation Store. That's the way it is.  Sony is mostly interested in selling Vita games for the Vita anyway.  The PSP (and even the PSP Go, in North America) is still available new at online retailers; so if you want to play all of your PSP games, just keep your PSP.  Sony would prefer that you do that also.

GKP
Message 6 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Once you've purchased the game, you'll still have access to it until Sony decides to stop recognizing your license when you log into PSN, which will happen perhaps when the Vita's successor comes out and they decide to stop supporting PSP software altogether.  Until then, even though the games may be removed from the store, they're still on your downloaded list in the Playstation Store.  Phantasy Star Portable 2 isn't for sale anymore, yet I am still able to download it to my PS3, and my Vita sees it as well, but says that it can't be transferred to my Vita, along with the vast majority of my Minis.

I have to admit this Motorstorm exploit is certainly a unique situation, and I wonder how long it'll take for them to patch it.  I had it for my PSP-3000 and was holding onto it until I found out the UMD transfer program wouldn't be transferred to America, which kind of blows your theory out of the water, as at least with the digital downloads, I can transfer them over to my VIta, but my UMD collection I could not (no EA Replay, no Dungeon Siege, no Star Ocean, no Valkyrie Profile, no Atari collection, no King of Fighters collection, no Monster Hunter Freedom 1, etc.).

Message 7 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Well I'm not complaning anymore, Sony finally gave me a full refund.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
30118 posts

Mar 6, 2012

There is no UMD "transfer" program; and there never was, anywhere.  Sony offered free vouchers to PSP Go purchasers in Japan and Europe, and in Japan only Sony offered discounts on Playstation Store games for Vita buyers that owned certain games on UMD.  Those programs worked because used game sales are not widespread in Japan, and are not legal in some parts of Europe. There was no license entitlement for Playstation Store content based on ownership of the UMD.  It was a limited time promotional offer that was entirely at Sony's option.  The gamers had no rights at all.

There are three statuses for games that have appeared in the Playstation Store.

1. Purchasable (which implies downloadable)
  2. Not-purchasable, but still downloadable
  3. Removed from the Store entirely, and no longer downloadable

Sony can do any of the three.  As long as Sony still has the right to distribute the game, it can remain available for download to previous purchasers; even if it is no longer available for purchase.  If Sony no longer has the right to distribute the game, then it will be deleted from the Store entirely, and you will not be able to down it even if it already appears on your downloads list.  It may be removed from your downloads list entirely.  That can happen with any game, at any time, at the option of Sony, or the publisher of the game (if different). You don't have an option.

GKP
Message 9 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2015

THE THING IS I GOT A PSP 2000 ON MY BIRTH DAY BACK IN 2009.  I ENJOY PLAY PLAYING MOTERSTORM ARTIC EDGE ONLINE WITH MY FRIENDS I HAD ON MY FRIST ACCOUNT.  IN THE BEGINING OF THE 2012 SCHOOL YEAR  SOMEONE  TOOK MY PSP AWAY FORM THE PLACE I LEFT IT TO CHAGE. AND NOW IN I RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW PSP 2000 IN THIS YEAR 2015 . COME TO FIND OUT THEY SHUTDOWN THE SERVER'S TO THAT ONE GAME I LOVED PLAYING AS A KID CALLED MOTERSTORM ARTIC EDGE. WILL SOMEONE PLZ TURN BACK ON THE SERVER'S FOR MOTERSTORM ARTIC EDGE. AND LEAVE THE SERVER'S UP AND RUNNING    PLEASE AND THANK YOU.   :{]

JonathanHughlett
Message 10 of 11 (81 Views)
0 Likes