Sep 27 2012
By: JD7Soul First Son 7 posts

Moderators

7 replies 147 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

I'll post another message for the sake of getting some good advise or seeing if anyone else has had the same problem.

I was playing Goldeneye reloaded and I got a message from someone claiming to be a moderator from Activision. The message said I violated 3 codes of conduct, those being "playing in an unfriendly manner", "being overly aggressive", and "mild language". I informed the person that I had no headset and could not communicate with anyone on voice, not to mention that I had no idea who the player was who filed the complaint against me (his name was in the message sent to me). 

After some arguing my charges were, and I quote, "looking at another player in an unfriendly manner" and "shooting aggressively". I am in an online deathmtach where I play a character with guns and the point of the match is to get the most kills...how can you be too aggressive in this type of game? And how can you look at someone in an unfriendly manner? I tried and tried to get the guy off my back, but he said I would be permanently banned from Goldeneye reloaded online unless I said sorry to the player who filed the complaint. I said sorry to the guy, but then the moderator messaged me saying that I need to apologize for the two charges, that I just said "sorry" and that was not good enough. So I messaged the player again and said sorry for the charges. The player responded saying he accepted my apology and that I better not do it again because he is only 8. I messaged the moderator asking if the ban was removed, later he responded "yes". I responded with "thanks", then he responded back by saying "behave". I was irritated and told him I was behaving from the start and that I was not guilty of the charges. He messaged me back saying that I was once again to be permanently banned from the online matches. I told him sorry and then he said the ban was removed. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Because this just does not look right at all. I did not know Activision could ban you for giving other players unfriendly looks or because you "not guilty" of certain charges. What should be done if this happens again?

Message 1 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35907 posts

Re: Moderators

Sep 27, 2012

This type of thing happens all day every day in online games, the guy was pulling your leg, & you fell hook line & sinker or it!

Please report the PSN ID then block them, now ignore it, move on & don't give these childish idiots the time of day.

Here's the report link: http://np.us.playstation.com/

Message 2 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I appreciate the response. I have been playing online for a long time and have never seen or heard anything like that happening, so just prepared for the worst. Still learning after all these years...lol. Thank you again.

Message 3 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6751 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Also, have you tried reaching out to Activisions support staff?

Message 4 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Yes, and I got a rather odd response from them. They told me they have no info about bans or what the moderators do, and that the only option I had was to just deal with the moderator and see if I could work things with him/her. Not the best advise when getting trouble from someone. But if it's a fraud it does not matter. Still interesting though.

Message 5 of 8 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11912 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Excuse me sir. I am representative of EA Games. Thanks to this post, we have now identified your PSN account as one associated with Activision games.

At this point, I have no choice but to ban you from the glorious United States of America, and all other countries it plans to annex in the near future (Canada, Mexico, Madagascar).

However, this ban may be avoided by doing a number of tasks to prove your worth to the EA Empire.
Task #1: Kill a man just to watch him die, and write a song about it.
Task#2: Build yourself a garden, and dedicate it's existence to the cultivation of potatoes.

More tasks to be revealed as you complete them.

Remember: if you do not complete these tasks, YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Sincerely,
Juan.
Message 6 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 28, 2012

LOL...good thing he didn't tell me to do that huh? Those EA games moderators are way more creepy than those Activision ones! Sadly sometimes we learn things the hard way. At least now I know it's not a big deal. ..lol

Message 7 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Ah, the games within the games.  Some people just have way too much time on there hands.  I typically try to avoid any conversations with other gamers or "moderators" that contact me.  I usually send a message of disapproval and then immediately block the sender from contacting me.  Additionally, I save the message, so that I have their PSN ID and the message, in case there are any future nuisances.

Have fun.  Play some games.  Don't worry about the stooges.

Moble

Message 8 of 8 (98 Views)
0 Likes