Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Re: Missing Avatars - Tell us more...

Jul 11, 2011
  • Did you buy it from the Store? (Yes purchased from the Store)
  • When did you buy it? (ummm like 6 months ago or something like that)
  • Which avatar is it? (Ebony and Ivory guns from Devil may cry series) {Premium Avatar}

USA here Miami FL

Message 21 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jul 11, 2011

G-Force08 wrote:

To add to this:

• Did you buy it from the Store? - I tried both free avatars and avatars that I purchased from the store.

• When did you buy it? - As it has been about a week or two since this problem has occurred, I have tried several avatars with the same result. I obtained these avatars in a large time span. Anywhere from sometime last year to up to last week.

• Which avatar is it? - Once again, several. I tried my Yakuza avatar, my MvC3, SSFIV Arcade Ed. avatars, etc.

The problem is via website access and not on my console itself. I am able to see my avatar with no problem on my PS3.

Yes this is correct I can see it on my PS3 no problem... But as a Portable ID its not showing up nor on these forums.

Message 22 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 11, 2011

I use Dr. Wily as my avatar and it is a bought avatar.

Message 23 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38776 posts

Jul 11, 2011

AMG999222 wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Just to make light work of the whole situation, I know exactly which avatars are missing.

I own and run Playstationer.net and I developed a Trophy Signature generator that can display some of your trophy data, rank, PSN Avatar, and PS+ Status in a neat little forum signature that automatically updates periodically. You can find it here : http://playstationer.net/signatures/

Anyway, a few weeks ago I noticed my avatar (KZ3 Helghast) went missing from my signature, and as i browsed through my forum, I noticed some peoples avatars missing, but not all avatars missing. So, It was only after I loaded up a few signatures with different usernames, I found that all Premium and Downloaded avatars were missing, but the original ones, the "defualt" ones that were out before SCE started selling avatars, remained intact.

Heres an example.

AMG999222 should show the KZ3 avatar, Not sure about BRIT-KO or FAITH-WARRIOR, But you can see that farqj002, IrushSpud and CardinalRose's avatars are still there.

And as I said on the EU Forums, The problem isnt on the users end, its on PSN's. When my server requests the information, this is what it is sent back :

<onlinename>AMG999222</onlinename>
    <avatarurl>http://static-resource.np.community.playstation.net/avatar/default/DefaultAvatar.png</avatarurl>

Hope that helped

-Alex

(P.S. Can i haz a cookie for all my hard work )

Create your own by clicking my Signature

You mean this one?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 24 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 11, 2011

Yes,my paid for avatar is missing on the website. It went missing approx. 2 weeks ago.

I had the purple flower avatar that i bought sometime back in march or april.

yes I bought it in the store. It works fine on my ps3.

Message 25 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 11, 2011
  • Did you buy it from the Store? No, it was given as a reward for being at the PSN Rewards Program. It was a bundle of avatars thats at the bottom portion on all says "Selected".
  • When did you buy it? It was a couple of months ago when the program was terminated.
  • Which avatar is it? "Killzone Seleted" Avatar

It works on the PS3, but on everything else it doesn't show. (ex Websites: socom.com, killzone.com, signatures, etc.)

Message 26 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 11, 2011
  • Did you buy it from the Store? -Of course. Where else could I have gotten it from?
  • When did you buy it? -Almost a year ago.
  • Which avatar is it? -Rolento from Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Q from Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. Both don't show up on ANY official PSN related site, such as the blog, this site, and the sites of various 1st party devs like Guerilla Games and Naughty Dog.

It seems to be only premium avatars that are affected?

Message 27 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 11, 2011

Same with me when I originally joined the forums it was there to the left i could see it on my profile but Id say last week when i logged in here it was just the generic cube smiley.I paid for mine.It shows up on my xmb and my friends say they see it but its not on here so ...thanks for looking into this I have the Resident Evil 5 PSN Bundle purchased 06/10/11.Im looking at my transaction history right now .I also bought a tron avatar and a force unleashed theme on the same day but those are still working fine..Its just in here(no avatar) on the forums.Like I said before thanks for looking into this guys.

Message 28 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1701 posts

Jul 12, 2011

CardinalRose wrote:

http://marc777.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/strand_paget.jpg

A lot of you have been reporting that the avatar that you bought from the PS Store has gone walkabout. It appears that it might be a PSN-related issue since some of the European communities are also experiencing it. We're still waiting on feedback but soon as we know more we'll tell you.

Be the Holmes to our Watson and tell us the following, please:

• Did you buy it from the Store?
  • When did you buy it?
  • Which avatar is it?

And any other relevant information you can think to include.

• Did you buy it from the Store?   YES
  • When did you buy it? Weeks ago
  • Which avatar is it? The MLB yankees

But there no more that dont  Appear the (ALL) Pro PS Rewards , (All) The Killzone Avatars

Message 29 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 12, 2011

Thanks AMG99922 for the detailed info. Kudos for that!!!!

Message 30 of 52 (49 Views)
0 Likes