Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Missing Avatars - Tell us more...

Jul 11, 2011

I'm missing my avatar on these forums. It shows the default smiley avatar.

It's suppose to be one of the Hard Corps: Uprising avatars I purchased.

Message 11 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1268 posts

Jul 11, 2011

My avatar appears on the Blog, but not on the PS site and forums.  It's supposed to be the San Diego Padres SD logo.

Message 12 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 11, 2011

It was free.

Midway through the Rewards Beta.

The Killzone Select Avatar.

Just like with everyone else, it started between 1 to 2 weeks ago, and my Avatar has been replaced with the default Smilie Avatar.

It's even affected my Portable ID (as you can easily see in my sig below).

At first I thought Sony revoked our Rewards Bonuses but I quickly realized it affected more than just the Rewards Bonuses.

*** EDIT ***

So looking through my post history I've figured out that the last day my Avatar worked was July 1st.  That was the last time I made a post before this all started and I remember clearly that my Avatar was normal.  That means that the first possible day that my Avatar vanished was July 2nd.   I say possible because I didn't check in for a week and then my Avatar was gone the next time I logged in.  The interesting thing is that July 2nd is exactly 1 year to the day that I purchased my subscription to PlayStation Plus.  It's probably just coincidence, but I thought I'd mention it.

Message 13 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 11, 2011

Hey Everyone,

Just to make light work of the whole situation, I know exactly which avatars are missing.

I own and run Playstationer.net and I developed a Trophy Signature generator that can display some of your trophy data, rank, PSN Avatar, and PS+ Status in a neat little forum signature that automatically updates periodically. You can find it here : http://playstationer.net/signatures/

Anyway, a few weeks ago I noticed my avatar (KZ3 Helghast) went missing from my signature, and as i browsed through my forum, I noticed some peoples avatars missing, but not all avatars missing. So, It was only after I loaded up a few signatures with different usernames, I found that all Premium and Downloaded avatars were missing, but the original ones, the "defualt" ones that were out before SCE started selling avatars, remained intact.

Heres an example.

AMG999222 should show the KZ3 avatar, Not sure about BRIT-KO or FAITH-WARRIOR, But you can see that farqj002, IrushSpud and CardinalRose's avatars are still there.

And as I said on the EU Forums, The problem isnt on the users end, its on PSN's. When my server requests the information, this is what it is sent back :

<onlinename>AMG999222</onlinename>
    <avatarurl>http://static-resource.np.community.playstation.net/avatar/default/DefaultAvatar.png</avatarurl>

Hope that helped

-Alex

(P.S. Can i haz a cookie for all my hard work )

Create your own signature by clicking mine
Message 14 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2550 posts

Jul 11, 2011

I bought mine from the PlayStation Store last month.  I have the Wolverine avatar.  Just recently it stopped working on these forums and on my gamer tag.  It still works just fine on my PS3, it's only on these forums that it doesn't work.

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 15 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Jul 11, 2011

CardinalRose wrote:

http://marc777.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/strand_paget.jpg

A lot of you have been reporting that the avatar that you bought from the PS Store has gone walkabout. It appears that it might be a PSN-related issue since some of the European communities are also experiencing it. We're still waiting on feedback but soon as we know more we'll tell you.

Be the Holmes to our Watson and tell us the following, please:

• Did you buy it from the Store?
  • When did you buy it?
  • Which avatar is it?

And any other relevant information you can think to include.

1)  I bought it from the PS store on my playstatoin

2)  I bought it about 4 months ago

3)  Its the white echochrome character with its hand on its chin like it is pondering something.

My account and I are not from europe .    I know a few other people from the USA with the issue too.

Message 16 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 11, 2011

I bought the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 avatar bundle a few weeks ago. None of those avatars show up when I am signed in on the Official PS Blog, us.playstation.com, this forum, or on my Portable ID.  My Portable ID is also messed up. I am actually Level 11, 7%, but my Portable ID shows that I am around 50%, level 11. Not sure if the missing avatars are related to my trophy percentage being messed up.

Message 17 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Jul 11, 2011

Thank you everyone for your feedback, it is really good! Keep it coming

Message 18 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Jul 11, 2011

CardinalRose wrote:

Thank you everyone for your feedback, it is really good! Keep it coming

I would like to add that I do not see my PSN avatar available for selection when I go to change my avatar here.  (and my new avatar is really me dressed up like SVER for no reason other than to take the picture )

Message 19 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1221 posts

Jul 11, 2011

To add to this:

• Did you buy it from the Store? - I tried both free avatars and avatars that I purchased from the store.

• When did you buy it? - As it has been about a week or two since this problem has occurred, I have tried several avatars with the same result. I obtained these avatars in a large time span. Anywhere from sometime last year to up to last week.

• Which avatar is it? - Once again, several. I tried my Yakuza avatar, my MvC3, SSFIV Arcade Ed. avatars, etc.

The problem is via website access and not on my console itself. I am able to see my avatar with no problem on my PS3.

Message 20 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes