Jan 23 2014
By: crispie764 First Son 6 posts

Missing Assassin's Creed game purchase

8 replies 190 views Edited Jan 23, 2014

So I recently installed a 500gb drive in my slim. I decided to not back up my original drive because I had been having issues and didn't want to transfer any possible issue to the new drive. I wanted fresh installs of all my downloaded stuff, along with all the game data from my disc based games. I did back-up my game saves however to the cloud. It took forever, but I re-downloaded everything except for one item Playstation store wants me to buy again, Assassin's Creed. I bought AC 1 and AC2 Complete Edition from Playstation Network. I own all the other Assassin's games on disc. AC2 Complete Edition shows up in both my download list and purchase history, but the first Assassin's Creed doesn't. I'm almost 100% sure I bought them around the same time. So far that seems to be the only game I am missing, until I look through all my game saves and see if anything else is gone. How can I get my game back? I'm hoping something will be in my e-mail from when I purchased it, but it's been around 2yrs since I bought it. Any idea's?

Message 1 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4416 posts

Re: Missing Assassin's Creed game purchase

Jan 23, 2014
Check your purchase history to confirm you actually purchased the game. You can do this through the online store or through Account Management on your PS3: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main

J_W
Message 2 of 9 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 23, 2014

If I didn't purchase the game, then how did I get about a quarter to half way through the game. I'm probably closer to a quarter through than half way. I still have my game save. I miss typed in the name of AC2 I meant Ultimate Edition. My game save's sub-title says Memory Block 3. I was starting Memory Block 4. The game is still on my old hard drive. I purchased the game near the end of 2011. I could pop in the old hdd and start playing the game right now. If I knew how to transfer it from the old hdd to new one, I would do that.

Message 3 of 9 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 23, 2014
My purchase for the game for some reason doesn't show up on anything that has to do with my account. Not in any kind of purchase or transaction history, or any download lists. I don't understand how it's not listed anymore. Before I had taken the original hdd out I had tried to back up my stuff, but the system wouldn't let me. I'm a tech geek and did what I was supposed to, but the system wouldn't let me back up anything on an flash drive or external hard drive I tried. Which were all formatted to fat32 like it's supposed to be. Actually, since the old hdd can connect to my pc, can I transfer the game to a flash drive on my pc. My ps3 finally see's my flash drive now after installing the new hdd.
Message 4 of 9 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4416 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Hey there. Unfortunately, like you said, I could not find evidence of the game being purchased at all. In addition since that game was released before trophies were around you don't have record of that either. I do see your purchases of other Assassin's Creed games from 2, Revelations, Brotherhood, and 3.

I also see that when you purchased AC2 you also purchased Assassin's Creed: Embers which is not the same as Assassin's Creed 1. Could this be what you thought was AC1?
Message 5 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 23, 2014

No, I have Assassin's Creed 1 installed on my old hard drive, the game save for it that I uploaded to the cloud before installing the new hard drive says I had saved it when I completed Memory Block 3. Embers is only mearly an AC comic book video basicly, it is not a game. It is impossible to confuse the two, since one you can only watch and the other you can actually play. Yes the game itself was made before trophies were introduced , but Playstation network only had made it available to buy online in April of 2011. Long after trophies started.

Anyways, since my pc can use sata, which is the connection for the ps3 hard drive. If I connect the original hdd with the game on it to my pc and put it on my flash drive, would the ps3 allow me to transfer the game to the new hard drive? Do you know how the games are saved on the hard drive. Like will I see an actual game folder titled Assassin's Creed to transfer to the flash drive.

Message 6 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4416 posts

Jan 23, 2014
If you do have Assassin's Creed 1 installed you should be able to transfer it over from your old hard drive as long as you used the Backup Utility function on your PS3. More info here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/798

Message 7 of 9 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 24, 2014

I don't mean to sound rude, but I already said in other posts that my system wouldn't let me. My ps3 with the old hard drive in wouldn't read any of my flash drives or my external hard drive. It wasn't until I installed the new hard drive did my system finally read and display my flash drive on the xmb screen. I have a flash drive detecated for my ps3. There were times the system couldn't download the system software and in turn wouldn't allow me to play games until the system was updated. So I would have to download the system software on my pc and put it on a flash drive to update my system that way.

Back to the issue at hand. If I am able to find a way to get the game off the original hdd and onto the new one, since the game doesn't display in my purchase history, is it going to be playable or is it going to de-activate? When I re-downloaded all my other games, they first displayed "Activating" on the screen then started downloading and installing. I don't want to have to spend another $20 on a game I already bought, just to be able to activate it if I can get it transfered.

Message 8 of 9 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Support
4416 posts

Jan 24, 2014
If you can find a way to get the data off and the game is there then yes it should transfer fine. As of this moment I do not see it in your purchase history so there isn't anything to de-activate really. Give it a shot now that you were able to get your externals to be recognized and try to transfer it.
Message 9 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes