Aug 02 2013
By: optimus2290 First Son 2 posts

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Code Redemption

3 replies 1332 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

Hi.

I am Chandan Pednekar. I have bought Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection recently but when I tried to redeem MGS and VR Missions via redeem code option it says

" The code might be incorrect or expired"

What is this supposed to mean?

I read on the internet that this issue would be resolved with an update to Playstation store. But the PS Store has already been updated and I have downloaded the updated version. Why is it still giving me an error?

Also aren't PS3 games supposed to be region free? Why am I hearing that DLC or Redeem codes are region locked?
Why couldn't Konami just put the two games on the disc2 which had all games except MGS4?

I need help please resolve the matter.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Code Redemption

Aug 2, 2013
I can provide Sony with a copy of the bill/receipt of purchase and the redeem code itself.

I want to play the game soon. Please reply.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,331 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28088 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

optimus2290 wrote:

Hi.

I am Chandan Pednekar. I have bought Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection recently but when I tried to redeem MGS and VR Missions via redeem code option it says

" The code might be incorrect or expired"

What is this supposed to mean?

I read on the internet that this issue would be resolved with an update to Playstation store. But the PS Store has already been updated and I have downloaded the updated version. Why is it still giving me an error?

Also aren't PS3 games supposed to be region free? Why am I hearing that DLC or Redeem codes are region locked?
Why couldn't Konami just put the two games on the disc2 which had all games except MGS4?

I need help please resolve the matter.

Welcome to the PlayStation Communtiy.

Games are indeed region-free, DLC however is not & is the reason the code is not working.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (1,327 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Aug 2, 2013
To further add onto this, a reason why DLC is region locked is very likely due to the fact that Sony is a publicly traded company, and therefore, they are legally required to keep very accurate records of their income in their regions of operation in order to properly report their financial activities.

Discs are not region locked as when they are sold, they, are sold at the intended point of origin. Whether or not you import the game from another region, the initial sale of that game was made in a region that Sony intended it to be sold in.

DLC, on the other hand, cannot be accurately tied to a specific region of the world except for the region where the PSN account is. (As the funds used to fund the PSN wallet are either from a validated credit card of that region, a PayPal account of that region, or a PSN Card purchased where the code is tied to a specific region).

DLC Download codes that come with games, are not in actuality "free". They are just codes for which the income from those codes is tied to the game disc it was sold with. So if your game's DLC code was tied to a specific region, then the finances generated from that code were tied into the purchase price of the game, which came from that specific region.

That is the explanation about why DLC is region locked.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes