Jul 10 2013
By: blackbeauty123 First Son 3 posts

Message saying someone tried to hack my account... asking for sign in info.. is it real?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 175 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

Okay so I signed into my account and I got a message from someone saying he was some guy named Dominick from "IP_SERVICES" telling me someone tried to sign in my account numerous times and failed.. He said I needed to verify my sign-in info otherwise my account would be closed ... I recieved this message 6/29 and I just logged on today... Should I be concerned? Is this legit? It seems fake to me...

Message 1 of 5 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: Message saying someone tried to hack my account... asking for sign in info.. is it real?

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

It is 100% fake. Sony would not send you a message like that asking for that information. The message is by some waste of humanity trying to get sign-in e-mails/passwords from people not quite as bright as yourself who think it's real and give away their information.

Good job in not falling for it. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Message saying someone tried to hack my account... asking for sign in info.. is it real?

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks! I was worried because I tried reporting them and then my PS3 froze so I was worried... Thanks so much Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 10, 2013
No problem. The PS3 likely froze because the account isn't a real account, and therefore the system locked up when the Sony PSN server couldn't verify it.
Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Oh cool the account was level 1 with 0 trophies so it probably was fake... Thanks again. Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes