Highlighted
Jul 28 2013
By: Hakumen__ First Son 12 posts

Mega Man games not working on Sony consoles

2 replies 273 views Edited Jul 28, 2013

Although there are some Mega Man games that have not been added to the PSN store due to copyright issues, there's also at least 3 more Mega Man games which have no such issue, but it seems that due to a coding problem on Sony's part, these games don't run on Sony consoles, and therefore they have been not added to the PSN store.

These games are Mega Man 5 & Mega Man 6, as well as Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP. I'll have to confirm, but I also strongly suspect that Mega Man X, Mega Man  X2 and Mega Man X3, along with Mega Man 7, also fall in the same category since they don't have voice acting which is one of the main copyright issues of other Mega Man games.

After asking around the Capcom Unity forums, I found out that apparently these games require Sony to make some changes to the code in order for the digital versions to run on Sony consoles.

I want to know:

1- Can Sony indeed make the necessary changes to these games?

2- Is Sony already aware of these issues and is actually taking action in order to bring these games to the PSN store?

3- Is there anywhere where we can ask or check about the status of games that are to be added to the PSN store, or at least requested to be?

Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Mega Man games not working on Sony consoles

Jan 29, 2014

You mean to tell stab in the back by sony by taking away backwards capibility & They can't fix a minor issue to allow us to play MM 5-8 MMX 1-6 or for that matter Anniversary collection of both. what bunch of jerks. If you fix the problem & make them Available people will buye them. I for one don't care if it is in Japanese. I just want to play them

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Mega Man games not working on Sony consoles

Jan 29, 2014

I really wish they Hurry-Up & the the Changes. I have MM 1-4 Play the them al the time. I want 5-8 Have 9-10. I would even consider buying the Anniversary collection even though I have 1-4. If you figure 5.99 for 5-8 Each compared to 19.99 for the Anniversary Collection. I would likely buy the Anniversary Collection because I play the games in order & would have keep exiting & loading the Next game. Expect 9 & 10 which also have. If my calculations are correct this is the 25th Anniversary year. Someone needs to lite a fire under the people at Capcom butts to wake them Up big Anniversary for the Blue Bomber. They could make MM 11 with their Eyes closed

Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)
0 Likes