Apr 01 2013
By: Atiari First Son 3 posts

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X not on PS3 as listed?

5 replies 1708 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

So I just downloaded my copy of Mega Man X as I'm a PSN+ user, and it said it is for PS3, PSP and PS Vita.  However I cannot get the game to install for the PS3 it just keeps asking me if I want to copy it to my PSP.  Any idea why?

Message 1 of 6 (1,708 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Re: Mega Man Maverick Hunter X not on PS3 as listed?

Apr 1, 2013

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is actually a PSP game, which naturally are not playable on the PlayStation 3 platform. You'll need to either transfer the game from your PlayStation 3 to your handheld device or download it from the portable platform. Do you own either a PlayStation Portable or a PlayStation Vita? For you'll need one, as that's the only way you'll be able to play the game.

Message 2 of 6 (1,692 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 1, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is actually a PSP game, which naturally are not playable on the PlayStation 3 platform. You'll need to either transfer the game from your PlayStation 3 to your handheld device or download it from the portable platform. Do you own either a PlayStation Portable or a PlayStation Vita? For you'll need one, as that's the only way you'll be able to play the game.

I just looked at the game via the online store and it does say playable on PS3, PSP, PSV, so I can see why he's confused. You are right though Gray that it is a PSP game. I'll have to let someone know about the error.

Message 3 of 6 (1,683 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

mega man hunter x on ps3

Apr 1, 2013

I just download megamen and it says I can play it on my ps3 but the only option it gives is to tranfer it over to a vita which I don't have.

Can I play on ps3? How?

Message 4 of 6 (1,673 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13653 posts

Re: mega man hunter x on ps3

Apr 1, 2013

It's a PSP game. As has been mentioned many times before (in threads similar to this one), it has been mislabeled.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 6 (1,666 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Apr 2, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is actually a PSP game, which naturally are not playable on the PlayStation 3 platform.

Yeah, Naturally.  However, what's not "natural" is for PSN to list it as a PS3 game, which they do, and which you did not mention.

The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure that a week or two ago the PSN store correctly listed the game as only a PSP/Vita game.  I know, because I mistakenly hoped that it may be playable on the PS3, so I checked, and it correctly did not list it as a PS3 game.  However, sometime in the last week or so PSN added "PS3" next to the game on the store.  Naturally, people are confused.

Nice work Sony!

Message 6 of 6 (1,569 Views)
0 Likes