Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2012
By: CJWitt First Son 2 posts

MW3 1 bar connection

2 replies 102 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

I have recently (over the last 3-4 weeks) had a very poor connection on MW3.  I used to have 3 bars and it ran well but now I almost always have 1 bar and sometimes have 2 bars. It is so bad that i can barely stand to play more than 1 or 2 matches before i get fed up and quit. 

I have a wired connection (recently wired it thinking that would help, it hasn't).  I have tried changing the MTU from 1500 to 1470.  I also turned off the theater recording.  These changes have not helped.

It runs with 1 bar day and night and i'm not playing with people in other countries or across the US. 

Is there anything that i can try to get my connection back to 3-4 bars?

I also ran a connection test and the results were as follows:

download speed - 2.1 mbps

upload speen - 592 kbps

Ping - 85 ms

When i run the test the bottom of the screen reads:  "the router in use may not support IP fragments, and the communication features of some games may be restricted.  for details contact the router manufacturer."  However it only shows the when i change the MTU from 1500 to 1470. 

My NAT type is showing "strict."  Some of my searching seems to indicate that is a bad thing but I dont know.

PLEASE HELP.  My K/D is steadily dropping from the 2.13 that I've got it up to.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
630 posts

Re: MW3 1 bar connection

Nov 13, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: MW3 1 bar connection

Nov 13, 2012

It appears my NAT type is already set to Type 2, so i dont think that does anything for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)
0 Likes