Fender Bender
2734 posts

Re: Loyal customer

Aug 21, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

How is this still coming up?

Well, it was a poorly worded gimmick, is what it comes down to. Some people who are rarely on got $10 while people like me who have been playing almost exclusivley on PlayStation branded systems for 15 years didn't get anything.

Best course of action is to get over it.

Could be that the OP saw the promotion on the PSN Store about PLAY 2013

Message 11 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Aug 21, 2013
As stated earlier, it was a random selection of PSN user accounts that happened many months ago. It caused a bleep-stir of commotion on the boards because the default message came out saying "loyal" which made people who weren't one of the fortunate ones to be randomly picked feel "slighted".

Basically, those who weren't lucky to be randomly selected were more upset that they didn't get $10 but used the "I'm loyal so not giving it to me was an insult" as a way to defend their anger. (I have more respect for the very few who came on the boards to vent who were honest and said they were just upset because they didn't get one. Not the people who tried to hide their frustration in not getting free funds who claimed it was the "loyalty" thing that irked them).

There is 100% ZERO way for Sony, or ANY company in the world, to legally determine your loyalty. Nobody cares if you've been using Sony products for 40 years since there is no way to prove that you bought Sony and ONLY Sony products.

Was it a poor choice of words to use "loyal" in the PSN message? In retrospect, perhaps it was since Sony vastly underestimated just how whiney the general internet can be. Smiley Tongue
Message 12 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2755 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Every so often Sony runs a promotion based on money spent through the psn network. It is typically "Spend $50 between (time period, typically 2 or 4 weeks) and get a $10 Loyality reward". They also occasionally offer this as spend $100 and get a $20 Loyality credit. These also include money spent on Home. I believe they just finished one of these promos recently.
Posted Image

Message 13 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Sony wants your $10. In fact, Sony wants EVERYONE's $10. lol Man LOL

Message 14 of 14 (119 Views)
0 Likes