Sep 19 2013
By: Threykat First Son 2 posts

Lots of PSN 80010038 errors

18 replies 31790 views Edited Sep 19, 2013

Lately it seems like I receive a lot of installation errors on products I download from the PSN (most recently the Sanctum 2 demo and Diablo III demo) in which I will receive error 80010038 There was an error during installation operation and a corrupted data icon.  I tend to download things in the background en masse and will only receive this error on usually one product per week.  Sometimes if I then go back and download it without placing it in the background it will download and install fine, but with these two previously mentioned downloads even that is not working.  I have read the knowledge center entry for this error, it's not super helpful.  Has anyone else experienced similar recurring issues, is there a solution I did not find while trolling through this forum?  It would displease me greatly to think that this is pointing to an HDD issue as this is a relatively new PS3 after my 60GB one's cooling gel finally called it quits last year.  Thanks in advance for any help that leads to a solution.  Responding with a link to the 80010038 knowledge center article will only indicate you didn't actually read this post.

Message 1 of 19 (31,790 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Lots of PSN 80010038 errors

Sep 19, 2013

Threykat wrote:

Lately it seems like I receive a lot of installation errors on products I download from the PSN (most recently the Sanctum 2 demo and Diablo III demo) in which I will receive error 80010038 There was an error during installation operation and a corrupted data icon.  I tend to download things in the background en masse and will only receive this error on usually one product per week.  Sometimes if I then go back and download it without placing it in the background it will download and install fine, but with these two previously mentioned downloads even that is not working.  I have read the knowledge center entry for this error, it's not super helpful.  Has anyone else experienced similar recurring issues, is there a solution I did not find while trolling through this forum?  It would displease me greatly to think that this is pointing to an HDD issue as this is a relatively new PS3 after my 60GB one's cooling gel finally called it quits last year.  Thanks in advance for any help that leads to a solution.  Responding with a link to the 80010038 knowledge center article will only indicate you didn't actually read this post.

Hello,

Yes sir, I too have been having this error code, it normally happens to me when the installation finishes successfully, the game gets added into my game list, I hit X button to start the game, black screen for about 10 seconds, then goes back to XMB displaying error code 80010038.

So far this has happened with Rayman Legends demo, FIFA 14 demo. re-downloading/re-installing made them work for me.

Message 2 of 19 (31,772 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Sep 19, 2013

Threykat wrote:

You tried the restore file system in Safe Mode and it was not super helpful? Did you try any of the other options?

Message 3 of 19 (31,764 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I'm getting the 80010038 error as well, when I try install GTA V(bought from the PSN Store) it gets to 3% of the install and then gives that error code. I'm thinking it's a corrupt download, but I've downloaded twice now and the exact same thing happened both times, also I've tried restoring the file system and most of the other things in the Safe Mode menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 19 (31,747 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Same here

Message 5 of 19 (31,686 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Unfortunately, now that I've gone in and attempted to go through Safe mode (per the recommended order on the Safe mode knowledge center page), my PS3 has been stuck on the "Restoring default settings, do not power off system " screen for a full day.  I'm afraid to power off the system to try other options, and I was hoping that I could save my system, but it looks like my system is toast.  Hopefully it's still within warranty.

Message 6 of 19 (31,660 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I got it after i started (about 1 percent through) backing up my files onto an external HDD.

Message 7 of 19 (28,175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 1, 2014

i recently downloaded GTA 5 from psn store it downloads fine but when installing it pops error occured during installation 80010038 i tried downloading it more than10 times it downloads and says error when installing plz if u got a solution plz send me

Message 8 of 19 (28,113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 9, 2014

I tried to download the Tomb Raider game the other day.  It only downloaded to 50% for me and then said that there was a download error.  Now when I try to download it, it won't give me the background download option.  It just shows it downloading, but doesn't show a percentage progress bar.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 9 of 19 (27,799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014
Just got this error today. I have a total of three RTTS players created in MLB 2013. Tried loading one of my guys and got the 80010038 message. The other two work fine. Any way to restore this? Put a lot of time into building up his stats. I hate to lose them.
Message 10 of 19 (27,237 Views)
0 Likes