Nov 01 2013
By: ingic954 First Son 3 posts

Lost access to purchased PSN games

1 replies 264 views Edited Nov 1, 2013

When PSN got hacked back in 2011 and finally got back online, I was not able to log into PSN. I contacted customer support, they told me to create a new user on my console, and that allowed me to get back into the network. I lost all my save files and trophy information at that time. But as long as I was able to access the things I paid for, I didn't mind. 

I recently had to restore my PS3 to factory default after it locked up on me. Once I got it back online, I noticed I was unable to access any of the games I downloaded on PSN.  I contacted customer support and Mr.. "Stephen G" instructed me to delete and re-download the games from my download list inside account management. That worked for the games I had downloaded after "the outage".  He was very helpful.

There are no transaction receipts of anything I purchased prior to that. The first transaction I have is the "Welcome back" free games we were offered when the network came back online mid 2011. Since Stephen could not do anything past that point, he got an SECA supervisor into the chat named "Casey". She was extremely impolite and unhelpful.  She did not wish to help me in any way, and it is appalling the level of customer service that a "supervisor" had with me. She told me that my account was created in April 2011.  She then explained to me that my account records started the same time PSN did. Im no scientist, but I remember PSN around before April of 2011, seeing as how I have games downloaded dated 2010. Once I called her on her lie, she terminated the chat session.

I have been using this same account since I bought my first PS3. The games were downloaded in 2010, but somehow the transactions are gone. When I access them I either get a message saying I don't own the content, or it gives me access to a trial version. 

How do I get back what I already paid for?

Message 1 of 2 (264 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Lost access to purchased PSN games

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

ingic954 wrote:

When PSN got hacked back in 2011 and finally got back online, I was not able to log into PSN. I contacted customer support, they told me to create a new user on my console, and that allowed me to get back into the network. I lost all my save files and trophy information at that time. But as long as I was able to access the things I paid for, I didn't mind. 

I recently had to restore my PS3 to factory default after it locked up on me. Once I got it back online, I noticed I was unable to access any of the games I downloaded on PSN.  I contacted customer support and Mr.. "Stephen G" instructed me to delete and re-download the games from my download list inside account management. That worked for the games I had downloaded after "the outage".  He was very helpful.

There are no transaction receipts of anything I purchased prior to that. The first transaction I have is the "Welcome back" free games we were offered when the network came back online mid 2011. Since Stephen could not do anything past that point, he got an SECA supervisor into the chat named "Casey". She was extremely impolite and unhelpful.  She did not wish to help me in any way, and it is appalling the level of customer service that a "supervisor" had with me. She told me that my account was created in April 2011.  She then explained to me that my account records started the same time PSN did. Im no scientist, but I remember PSN around before April of 2011, seeing as how I have games downloaded dated 2010. Once I called her on her lie, she terminated the chat session.

I have been using this same account since I bought my first PS3. The games were downloaded in 2010, but somehow the transactions are gone. When I access them I either get a message saying I don't own the content, or it gives me access to a trial version. 

How do I get back what I already paid for?

Something isn't adding up with your story. 

I have transaction receipts and a download history for everything before the hack.

Are you sure you're on the purchasing account and not one that "shared" the games and the purchasing account has since deactivated their account from your system?

Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)