Highlighted
Oct 02 2012
By: ryersonfilm First Son 2 posts

Losing Connection to Playstation Network in Canada through ISP Rogers

2 replies 235 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

On September 19 I upgraded my Rogers internet service (Express to Extreme Plus, in Canada). They gave me a new modem and ever since when I am playing DC Universe Online, the game will just abruptly end and I receive the following message:

"DISCONNECTED. Lost connection. You must be signed into your PSN account and connected to the online network to play."

I can log back-in with no problems but every time I play at some point I will get disconnected from the PSN and the preceding message appears.

For example, yesterday I played 4 times: 1st time disconnected after 10-15 min; 2nd time disconnected after 10-15 min; 3rd time played for 30 min without incident; 4th time disconnected after 5-10 min. This is generally what has been happening since September 19th. I have had some sessions when I can play for 90 minutes and others where I am disconnected multiple times within an hour.

For posterity's sake:

- Wired connection straight from PS3 (40 GB no wireless) to Cisco DPC3825 Modem supplied by ISP Rogers (in Canada).
- Media Server Connection is disabled.
- Power cycled all network devices.
- Entered all the port forwarding information.
- Never happens while I am doing an alert. Only seems to happen when I am flying around the watchtower, checking mail, checking
auction house, etc.

- Last night while watching a movie, a message appeared in the top right corner stating that Error 8002A548 occurred and that I was disconnected from the media server. This is the first time I have seen this message on my PS3.

I am sure that the problem lies with the Rogers modem but Rogers is such an awful company that I am going to have to figure this out on my own. (And I really don't have the option to change ISP because we have a de facto telecom oligarchy.)

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Does anyone have any advice?

Please and thank-you.

Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Losing Connection to Playstation Network in Canada through ISP Rogers

Nov 8, 2012

Hey!  Nearly identical issue.  Same location, same ISP, same upgrade to extreme plus, also signed out of ps3 network at regular intervals, different modem.

Can't really think of anything else except Rogers themselves at this point.

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Losing Connection to Playstation Network in Canada through ISP Rogers

Nov 11, 2012

Called Rogers, they noticed signal strength issues on my router.  Technician came by and installed an attenuator on the coax cable as the signal was too strong coming from the junction box (I am very close to it relative to others in my building).  Allcoolly for a day and counting.

Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)
0 Likes