Apr 19 2013
By: llLeonhart Monster Hunter 37 posts

Laggy Games

5 replies 181 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

Hey guys, I've been having some serious problems in any multiplayer game, and that has been happening since I changed my ISP last week, as awkward as it may sound I actually this ISP is "Supposably" better than my previous one, it's 10 times faster download wise (changed from 2mb to 20mb) and about 2.5 faster in upload (400kb to 1mb).

But even though that was supposed to Improve my gaming experience it got a whole lot worse, and I heard that's because I should open some ports in the router they provided.

So I was hoping someone here could guide me trough it, here's a print screen from my Ports trigger:

ports.jpg

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3821 posts

Re: Laggy Games

Apr 19, 2013

Hello llLeonhart,

Router Configuration steps

1. Go to your web browser on your computer (this will not work on the PS3's www browser), and type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar.
  2. Fill in the User Name and Password. 

NOTE:  (Step 2) If you haven't set up a password or ever been in your router configuration, these should be what you need below.

• User Name:  admin
  • Password:  password

One brand of router is different from the other brand.  I'm using a Netgear, and she hasn't let me down yet.  I'll take a few snap shots of what's filled in.  I hope this helps.

This snap shot is to log in User Name and Password are above.  (All lowercase)

2013-02-28_1549.png

This next snap shot is of course optional, but will most likely fix a lot of issues you may be experiencing.

Top numbers read (8.8.8.8)

Bottom numbers read (8.8.4.4)

2013-02-28_1539.png

This next snap shot is to set up a DMZ if you would like to have your PS3 open to all traffic.  (That is the option I have)  The DMZ  IP address I have is the one I stick in the PS3's internet connection settings.

2013-02-28_1551.png

This video below will quickly show where and what to do for Portforwarding if you don't trust DMZ.

I hope this helps.

Bambi-01us
Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Hello llLeonhart,

Router Configuration steps

1. Go to your web browser on your computer (this will not work on the PS3's www browser), and type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar.
  2. Fill in the User Name and Password. 

NOTE:  (Step 2) If you haven't set up a password or ever been in your router configuration, these should be what you need below.

• User Name:  admin
  • Password:  password

One brand of router is different from the other brand.  I'm using a Netgear, and she hasn't let me down yet.  I'll take a few snap shots of what's filled in.  I hope this helps.

This snap shot is to log in User Name and Password are above.  (All lowercase)

2013-02-28_1549.png

This next snap shot is of course optional, but will most likely fix a lot of issues you may be experiencing.

Top numbers read (8.8.8.8)

Bottom numbers read (8.8.4.4)

2013-02-28_1539.png

This next snap shot is to set up a DMZ if you would like to have your PS3 open to all traffic.  (That is the option I have)  The DMZ  IP address I have is the one I stick in the PS3's internet connection settings.

2013-02-28_1551.png

This video below will quickly show where and what to do for Portforwarding if you don't trust DMZ.

I hope this helps.

Sorry man, hasn't helped, see my "router" is actually a modem/router so the config is completely different, I labeled it router because that's what my ISP call it, but it's technically a modem , I enter its config menu by typing 192.168.0.1, and most of those options I couldn't find anywhere.

What' bugging me is that the "tech support" from my ISP says it must be a game problem and even though I know it isn't they refuse to guide me trough any config to help (I bet they don't know squat).

But thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3821 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Use a DMZ Host.  Take a snap shot of that and I'll help you there.  DMZ will open all ports to the PS3 Only when the IP you set is set manualy on the PS3.

Bambi-01us
Message 4 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Use a DMZ Host.  Take a snap shot of that and I'll help you there.  DMZ will open all ports to the PS3 Only when the IP you set is set manualy on the PS3.

Thank you.

Here you go: The only DMZ related page I could find.

dmz.png

Message 5 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 25, 2013

What if I use the public DNS only on PS3? will it work?

Message 6 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes