Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 27 2013
By: Sluvsj320 First Son 11 posts

Keep getting kicked off psn! Help please!

[ Edited ]
7 replies 3034 views Edited Apr 27, 2013

Yes I read the sticky but it did not help. My ps3 is only about 2 months old. I have a wired connection through my laptop with wifi. (My laptop has wifi internet and the ps3 is connected to it via ethernet cable) . My laptop always has a strong, stable connection yet I keep randomly getting disconnected from psn for no apparent reason. Sometimes I get a DNS error 80710102  and sometimes It just says You have been signed out of PSN.

Things I have also tried:

• reset router 
  • updated my laptop's wireless adapter card
  • Used a new ethernet cable
  • Manualy set up my ps3's connection via internet options
  • used a static IP
  • disabled the media server 
  • disabled upnp
  • Probably more that I don't remember

Anyone have any other ideas that could be causing this or have a fix?  I have been searching for a solution for a week with no luck. Thanks for any helpful reply.

Message 1 of 8 (3,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Keep getting kicked off psn! Help please!

Apr 27, 2013

Bueller.

Message 2 of 8 (3,013 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

It sounds like what you are having is DNS issues. Use different DNS IPs. Set them up at your laptop network settings

These are the OpenDNS IPs.

<!--Further Reading-->

Bridging the PS3 to your Laptop/PC

Go to your network adapter settings. On windows go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center Now on the right hand side of the window click on Change Adapter Settings

Here, while holding the Ctrl key on the key board, using the mouse you will select both of the connection you want to bridge. Then right click ontop of the selection and select Bridge Connections

Bridging Connections

After a couple of seconds the connection will get bridge and a new connection called Network Bridge should appear.

Bridge_Established

Now on the PS3 go to: Settings/Network Settings/Internet Connection Settings

Select a Setting method: Do Not use the Easy option. Select Custom and move on.

Select a Connection Method: Select Wired Connection

Select the operation mode of the network device: Auto-Detect

IP Address Settings: Automatic

DNS Settings: Automatic

MTU: Automatic

Proxy Server: Do Not Use

UPnP: Enable   This will only affect the connection between your PS3 and your laptop/pc. Remember, you are still subject to router's firewall. If you are not getting it then most likely this is disabled at the router level.

Now save the setting and Test the connection.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 8 (2,996 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the help. I already had a bridged connection but I just changed the dns ip. I forgot to mention that I am using an Apple airport so even though I enabled UPnP when I test the connection on the ps3 it says UPnP not available. I'm not sure if that matters or not. Anyway, I hope this fixes my problem.

Message 4 of 8 (2,967 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Noooooooooooooope didn't work.......20 minutes later I got dced again. Now my laptop loses internet too.

:manmad:

Message 5 of 8 (2,949 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Sluvsj320 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the help. I already had a bridged connection but I just changed the dns ip. I forgot to mention that I am using an Apple airport so even though I enabled UPnP when I test the connection on the ps3 it says UPnP not available. I'm not sure if that matters or not. Anyway, I hope this fixes my problem.

If you have a router why not connect both devices wirelessly to the router [airpot] or is the wifi signal too weak for the PS3? A bridge connection is recommended for when a router is not avaible.

What UPnP will do is make sure that all necessary ports required by a program are open. In the case of the PS3, it will make sure that games have access to the ports they need for a proper connection to the servers. UPnP must be enable on the PS3 & the router & since you are bridging, you will have to enable UPnP on the computer as well.  If I remember correctly, apple products come with UPnP turned off by default.

Message 6 of 8 (2,933 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 29, 2013

This sounds really sad but I do not want a wireless connection because I use Ad Hoc party to play Monster Hunter on my Vita. You need a wired connection to use Ad Hoc Party. ( I have an almost unhealthy addiction to this game lol)

Either way, I switch to wireless too to play my ps3 games or browse the store but I still got disconnected!

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I use an apple router for my pc because my husband and two other people in my household have Macs and they are the ones that got it. After some more researching, I learned that Apple routers don't even use UPnP. They use NAT-PMP (NAT Port Mapping Protocol), an alternative to UPnP. This setting was enabled so I disabled it and so far no more disconnections!!! I bought Tomb Raider and Resident evil 6 and downloaded them both with no problem. I may be getting ahead of myself because the disconnections happened randomly but this is the longest time I've been online so far.

Message 7 of 8 (2,918 Views)
MVP Support
18718 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Sluvsj320 wrote:

This sounds really sad but I do not want a wireless connection because I use Ad Hoc party to play Monster Hunter on my Vita. You need a wired connection to use Ad Hoc Party. ( I have an almost unhealthy addiction to this game lol)

Either way, I switch to wireless too to play my ps3 games or browse the store but I still got disconnected!

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I use an apple router for my pc because my husband and two other people in my household have Macs and they are the ones that got it. After some more researching, I learned that Apple routers don't even use UPnP. They use NAT-PMP (NAT Port Mapping Protocol), an alternative to UPnP. This setting was enabled so I disabled it and so far no more disconnections!!! I bought Tomb Raider and Resident evil 6 and downloaded them both with no problem. I may be getting ahead of myself because the disconnections happened randomly but this is the longest time I've been online so far.

Hey hey hey, we are gamers here, we understand youhug.gif

Nice to read this good news and as such I hope it turns out to be The Solution.

Message 8 of 8 (2,891 Views)
0 Likes