Jun 09 2011
By: bravebraveSrobin Treasure Hunter 7362 posts

Just downloaded iNFAMOUS as part of my free game thing....

9 replies 32 views Edited Jun 9, 2011

but it wouldn't instlall and then when I went to turn off my system and turn it on again to try installing it again, a prompt came up saying my system had to update my database or something along those lines.  All I could do was click OK (nervous as all hell) but that apparently didn't mean any of my trophies/saved games were gone, so that's good.  However, iNFAMOUS was not shown anymore and I am now redownloading it.  My question is, has anyone else had this problem or know if this was just a fluke or what other people have experienced?

Message 1 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: Just downloaded iNFAMOUS as part of my free game thing....

Jun 9, 2011

by wouldnt install do you mean it was at 0% for a bit and didnt go up to 1 or something???

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7362 posts

Jun 9, 2011

not sure, I had left the room to do something else and when I came back it had a message saying the install failed.  Now that I think about it, could it have been a lost connection?  I'm not sure though, because once it's downloaded, internet connection shouldn't matter right?

Message 3 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jun 9, 2011

thats correct... maybe somehow your dowload got corrupted or something... don't know

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7362 posts

Jun 9, 2011

alright, tried it again and the same thing happened, but I was in the room when it happened.  The install got to about 52% and then an error message came up (one of those 800 somethings).  Anyway, I had to back out of the store and looked to see if it was under the game section, something waw therer with one title under it, but it said UNKNOWN and the icon wasn't showing up.  I tried restarting again and the same thing with re-uploading my hardrive or something occured.  Oh, and everytme I try to do it again, it's like the data is still there taking up space on my hardrive (free space is now 4788 MB out of 37  GB)

Message 5 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jun 9, 2011

did you try clicking the unknow icon? cause thats were the games go under

Photobucket
Message 6 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7362 posts

Jun 9, 2011

yeah, but it never showed up, then when I restarted the system as I stated before, the icon wasn't there at all

Message 7 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Sounds like you ran out of disc space... the installer is over 7G, but while installing, it needs another 7G at least to install it. If done right, after the install, it should delete the original 7G installer. So I would GUESS you need at least 15G of room before you even d/l it from the store... and it could be more than that.

0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jun 10, 2011

yeah, the dude doesn't track his stoage an thus gos along nlinfly trying to install games to a full drive

Message 9 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7362 posts

Jun 10, 2011

I'll try that, I was just getting worried because it seems after each failed attempt my free disk space gets smaller and smaller, and if this happens again, I don't want to be completely screwed.  One last thing, when I restarted my system, do you have any idea why my system prompted me (all I could do was press OK really) to re-update (or something along those lines) my harddrive? 

Message 10 of 10 (32 Views)
0 Likes