Mar 07 2013
By: ZeroUnderOne First Son 4 posts

Issue with voucher

5 replies 164 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

Hello,

I hope this is the correct area to post, otherwise please kindly move to the correct subforum. 

I purchased a new copy of Patapon 3 for psp a few months ago. I'm on spring break now so I decided to play again. My purchase came with an online entitlement voucher that should also give me a limited edition strategy guide. I scratched off the silver cover and tried to input the code but I get a response saying it is incorrect or no longer valid.  I've been emailing the support people but they just told me it is expired and that I need to buy the online entitlement (alone without the limited edition stategy guide) for $9.99.

The fact of the matter is that that this voucher has no expiration date listed whatsoever. Nor does it recommend I redeem it immediately.  Asking me to repurchase the ability to play a game that I already paid for on a service that I also already paid for is insulting.

Does anyone know who I can talk to about this?  I will provide front and back pictures of the voucher ticket to an sony representative. 

Cheers,

ZuO

Message 1 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Issue with voucher

Mar 7, 2013

Are you sure there is no expiration date? Either way the $10 passes are a joke...pain in the butt.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 6 (156 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I'm positive there is no expiration date.

Front of ticket

Back of ticket (with code censored)

Message 3 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31499 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Well, it did say that it is a limited edition strategy guide.  That doesn't mean that they reserved one for every retail copy shipped.  It means that only a limited number of codes that are redeemed will receive it. It doesn't have a specific expiration date, but that doesn't mean that the content will be available for you to collect at your convenience indefinitely.  It wouldn't be "limited" otherwise. Given the significant amount of time that has passed since the retail release of the game, I wouldn't expect to get any limited edition content that isn't included in the box. The Online Entitlement for the game should not expire.  In the Playstation Store the online entitlement is only listed as PSP content. Not PS Vita content.  That would suggest that the game might not support online play on the Vita.  Are you trying to redeem the code on a Vita?

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (147 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Thanks for the reply guys. I don't have a PS Vita. Before contacting support I tried to redeem it on psp, then on ps3, and finally on the SEN.

Here is what I think. The strategy guide is digital, so its not like they ran out. Unless the definition of "limited" is somewhere in the fine print, the meaning can't be extrapolated to be that only an unspecified number of physical tickets will work for redemption. Plus, for that sort of thing they specify an expiration date, which they have not in this case. Since there is no expiration date, it is not unreasonable for me to demand that I receive my online entitlement and the digital strategy guide. However, it IS unreasonable for them to quote an invisible expiration date and ask me to repurchase the online entitlement alone for $9.99.

Message 5 of 6 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Anyone have a recommendation as to who I should talk to?

Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes