Dec 05 2012
By: eric13_f First Son 9 posts

Is there any way to boost the signal from My router? so my ps3 can get on my wifi?

3 replies 152 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

My playstation 3 used to connect to My internet fine and dandy, now  dont know what happened but My ps3 can't connect anymore, it says that the signal strength is 100% but I can't get onto it anymore and its very irritating, if anybody has any solutions or any tips at all that could help me, I would be forever grateful. Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Re: Is there any way to boost the signal from My router? so my ps3 can get on my wifi?

Dec 6, 2012

eric13_f wrote:

My playstation 3 used to connect to My internet fine and dandy, now  dont know what happened but My ps3 can't connect anymore, it says that the signal strength is 100% but I can't get onto it anymore and its very irritating, if anybody has any solutions or any tips at all that could help me, I would be forever grateful. Thank you

Have you tried resetting or hard resetting the router? If not do it.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Is there any way to boost the signal from My router? so my ps3 can get on my wifi?

Dec 7, 2012

ya ive tried that, ive tried alot of things, its just the signal is all **bleep**ed now and it wont support things

Message 3 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28815 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Ignore the signal strength indicator on the PS3.  It is completely inaccurate.  You can boost the Wi-Fi signal if needed using a Wi-Fi Extender, which you can find at any Best Buy store, or most other retailers that sell home / small office networking hardware.  It basically sits somewhere between your router and PS3, and retransmits all of the Wi-Fi signals that it receives.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes