Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 20 2011
By: ExpendableG4M3R First Son 2 posts

Is PSN DLC tied to the console or just PSN account?

2 replies 668 views Edited Sep 20, 2011

Hi there, I am curious if any DLC I have downloaded is tied to the console at all or just the PSN account? Reason is im selling my PS3 to a friend and getting a new one, so im curious then if when he makes his own PSN account will he have access to it or will it be gone when I reformat the PS3?

In short, is there any ties what so ever of my account and DLC on the console after the reformat or is it all just tied to the PSN account?

I want the PS3 to be like as if he bought it new from the store.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Re: Is PSN DLC tied to the console or just PSN account?

Sep 20, 2011

its just to the psn account - not console

Message 2 of 3 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Re: Is PSN DLC tied to the console or just PSN account?

Sep 20, 2011

ExpendableG4M3R wrote:

Hi there, I am curious if any DLC I have downloaded is tied to the console at all or just the PSN account? Reason is im selling my PS3 to a friend and getting a new one, so im curious then if when he makes his own PSN account will he have access to it or will it be gone when I reformat the PS3?

You question has already been answered, but before reformatting the system. Make sure you do a system deactivation (PS Network >> Account Management >> System Activation/Deactivation) on both the game and video services or you may experience problems in the future with your PSN account.

Message 3 of 3 (668 Views)
0 Likes