Jan 18 2012
By: Cursed_Epiphany First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Invalid info error while trying to add debit card + mysterious charges?

3 replies 2153 views Edited Jan 18, 2012

I just recently got a PS3, and I made an account on the PSN. I tried to purchase a PSone game, and it asked me to add a payment method. I put it all my information for my debit card, which works for everything else, and it said invalid information or something of the like. I'd try it again and tell you exactly what it said, but I know now that everytime I attempt to apply my card to my PSN account, it charges my card a dollar, and doesn't work. How can my information be invalid and at the same time be getting charged a dollar every time I submit my card information?

Message 1 of 4 (2,153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Invalid info error while trying to add debit card + mysterious charges?

Jan 18, 2012

All I can suggest is that you make sure that the billing information you entered matches your debit card statement exactly.

You also aren't being charged $1.00 every time, it's only a temporary hold on funds to verify the account. The charges will disappear from your account shortly.

Message 2 of 4 (2,153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 19, 2012

If it can put a temporary hold on funds from my account, then how is my information invalid? Clearly the money can be accessed. I've never had any problems with my debit card with anything else but here, so I know the information I entered is correct.

Message 3 of 4 (2,153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 19, 2012

http://us.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1998/kw/debit%20card

Nevermind. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't allow debit cards or paypal, since everything else does. -_-

Message 4 of 4 (2,153 Views)
0 Likes