First Son
1 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

Nov 19, 2013

Here is what I could gathered.

1) The error message is innacurate. Invalid credit card number doesn't mean your credit card number is invalid. It means one of two things. There is something that is "wrong" with your credit card information (could be address, postal code, etc.) or you have been locked out of the system for either 24h or 48h (this information wasn't clear) because you tried to many time. In that case you need to wait 24 hour (or 48h ?) from the last attempt you made. It is your account that is locked, so if you create a new account and try your credit card, that should work (if you've figured out point #2).

2) SONY uses a system called AVS (Address verification System) to validate the credit card information. You need to input the information exactly (and they really really mean exactly as in character for character) as your credit card company have your information in their system. My understanding is that for most people it will be as it is written on their credit card statement, but this isn't guarantied. 

BEST SOLUTION:

Call your credit card company and ask them exactly how they have your address in the Address Verification System. Input it exactly how they tell you. 

This should, in theory, work but I couldn't really try it since when I called my credit card company, they told me that the AVS system was something old (not sure if true or not) and that they didn't support it. So I can't never buy anything online from SONY, but hopefully calling your credit card company would work for you and avoid all the frustration I went through.

Message 81 of 246 (75,717 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Merci
Message 82 of 246 (75,692 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 20, 2013

I have input my information correctly, according to my bank account information and address information. I have tried every suggestion, every trick on this forum and others. I cannot change my debit card information. It says that the number is invalid and this is really starting to tick me off because it is ALL correct. I have even tried spaces and dashes between the numbers. I have also tried my full ZIP and nothing has worked. At this moment, I am waiting 24-48 hours to try again, but if I cannot find a solution I will have to call customer service and that is a real inconvenience. I understand the security measures, Sony, but this is absolutely ludicrous. This forum is over a year old it seems and people are still experiencing this problem? It is uncalled for. 

Message 83 of 246 (75,670 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Nov 21, 2013
I've been having the same issue as so many, including yourself. No matter how much I try with the various solutions given, my debit card information is never accepted. I recently purchased the GTA5/PS3 Combo set and it came from the one month free membership with PSN. Unfortunately, I can not use it due to this card issue blocking me.
"Wherever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Message 84 of 246 (75,636 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Nov 21, 2013

I'm having the extact same problem. But I'm using a debit visa. I got funds added to my account by using paypal. Why doesn't PSN work but Paypal accepts my debit vis?

Message 85 of 246 (75,632 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 21, 2013

ditto same here. BUMP

Message 86 of 246 (75,619 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Hey guys just wanted to share my experience with everyone. and i DID just get my CC info to FINALLY update!! Like everyone else I was inputting my CC info and getting the error "Invalid CC Information." Tried a million different combinations but nothing worked. Mind you I have a P O BOX, I then tried on Line 1: P O BOX

Line 2: 420

...And viola! CC info updated!!

And yes everything does need to be exact to your bank/CC statement. Hope this helps!

Message 87 of 246 (75,615 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Reposting this from another thread, because I am done wasting my time on this for now.  The service is clearly defective, I think I am just going to return the thing and get my money back (either from Best Buy or Visa):

I am in the same boat, and support has been uttelry worthless.  The most they can do is direct you to contact coprorate, and that is moronic.  Reporting network wide probelms is their job, not the users.  

Since they are holding the free that came with the system behind having a valid card on file, we are not getting everything that was said to be included in the purchase of the PS4.  Under consumer law that is bait and switch.  

I suggest everyone having problems contact VISA corporate directly and lodge a complaint, and then file a complaint with their state attourney generals office.  Sony clearly has no interest in fixing this problem, so we will have to force them to do it.

Message 88 of 246 (75,542 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Tried it. Doesn't work.
"Wherever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Message 89 of 246 (75,531 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 26, 2013

What are we supposed to do when we have checked, dbl checked, and triple checked and it still does not work? I have contacted my bank about this and they tell me they can see it everytime i try my card. Customer Support at Sony said it was a problem on their end and it would be fixed by 8:00 p.m.   That was two weeks ago. 

Message 90 of 246 (75,527 Views)