First Son
1 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

Mar 23, 2014

I have tried for over a year to get mine to work, I saw the guys post about the P O BOX so I tried it and it worked, My address is 471 N. 4th St. So Line 1 was 471 line 2 was N 4th and line 3 was St and it worked, wow

Message 131 of 246 (2,025 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2014

I've been trying all day, it hasn't locked me out. I've copy pasted everything out of my banks website under "my contact info". Whats REALLY irritating, is that its a "Playstation Capital One" card that I got to use on the PSN store. So yeah I could use paypal/gift cards, but that would defeat the purpose of me getting this card. Chatted with SCEA, they told me to call in, i did and they said they could do nothing for me.

Message 132 of 246 (2,015 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 24, 2014

My problem is similar I have entered and re-entered the card multiple times the card number worked last week I do not see why it is randomely invalid now I was using the media go. Now the only form of the store is through the psn and that where my problem is occuring. It is telling me that my card number is invalid and it is not working. It is a visa debit card but it worked last week.

Message 133 of 246 (2,003 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2014

I finally found a working solution to this problem!  Buy an Xbox One and never log into PSN again.  Works every time!

Message 134 of 246 (1,967 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2014

I had this problem as well. In the end the problem seems to be that the billing address and Name-on-card check is case sensitive. So I tried typing the address in all caps, and that did the trick.

Message 135 of 246 (1,726 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2014

I tried everything in this thread and the old locked thread. nothing is working. never had this problem in my life.

Message 136 of 246 (1,720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 30, 2014

I have the same problem and I tried typing my adress in countless different ways. I live in Poland and when I contacted support they said they can't help me. This is **bleep**

Message 137 of 246 (1,668 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2014

YES! Thank you (to the guy who said enter PO box # on line two).
I have had issues with it saying invalid info a couple times, something else worked last time but this worked this time.

"enter exactly how it appears on statement" hah! my po box number is not under "PO Box" on my credit card statement.

Message 138 of 246 (1,539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Problem Updating Billing Information - Only PSN hates my newer cred card

May 26, 2014

I was using my PS3, I haven't bought anything since December of last year.  I figured I would buy something new on PSN Store, so I go in, find what I wanted, and tried to purchase it.   Realizing, that PSN still had my old card number.  So, I had to change my password first because I forgot what it was over the years.  I went into my account and tried to update it to my new card number so I could make some purchases.  Doing it on the PS3 wasn't working so I decided to get on my computer and access my account.

So, I completely erased all of my old contact info and card data...  I typed in all my new information, address, new card number, new expiration date... now it won't accept my newer valid card (This is the exact SAME type of card, as in VISA BoA credit card like my old one that did work before, just a replacement).  The only error I get when I try to save it is beneath the Credit Card Number Field it says in red "Please enter a valid credit card number".  I entered the number again and double checked it 15 times, I know it is correct.  I called support and got a guy who said he didn't know if it was on you PSN's side or my Bank account/credit card side.   I have made other purchases today at other places with my card so it is not my credit card, and It shouldn't be decline because I am no where near my credit limit. 

I have tried almost ever single way on this site to try to find help with my issue.  After the phone call I tried to go to where I could Email my problem by going from my Account page to "Customer Support" under Help at the bottom,  "Contact us" at the top of the Sony Entertainment Network, and then select the Contact Us Email option.  From there I filled out the email, then when I  changed the "Device:" drop down to PlayStation3 option at the top of this Email Web Fill-in, it re-directs me to a completely different page... losing everything I just typed.  Not cool.

Also, I tried to look for a chat session with support which took me forever to find.  After waiting 30 minutes for the query to be up and for more help, it says "Status: Cancelled" when I hit zero in line.  So I got no help there either.

The website is massively confusing when it comes to getting help, I feel like I keep getting the run-around.  So I guess I will try my luck at these forums.  I'm not going to put specific details up here involving my credit card of course but has anybody else had the problem and knows how I can resolve it?

I think I remember having this same problem putting in my initial card number three years ago, and I don't know what eventually fixed it (probably that 24 hour lockout which a representative should be able to unlock for me, tech guy said I had to wait...).  I was hoping I would fix this tonight so I could get a little gameplay in on new expansions to some older games but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.  I find this to be such a hassle.

Thank You,

Rob

Message 139 of 246 (1,716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 26, 2014

This worked perfect for me.  For example if my address were

557 74th ST W. Apt  202B

I had to enter

Line 1 = 557

Line 2 = 74th ST W.

Line 3 = Apt. 202B

Huge pain in the rear and makes me question why I have to go through so much hassle to throw my money at SONY.  

Message 140 of 246 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes