First Son
10 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

Dec 1, 2013

So, is there any word of late on this issue being fixed?  I would love to finally use my free month of PSN I got with my GTA5/PS3 bundle.  I've tried every solution shared here on the thread and none on them work.

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Message 91 of 246 (4,762 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2013

Same with my card. Sony is the first company in US to decline taking money from my card. Oh well, it will go somewhere else then.

Message 92 of 246 (4,754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 3, 2013

I found that spelling everything out like SW and PL to Southwest and Place. That helped me out

Antariuz_X wrote:

Same with my card. Sony is the first company in US to decline taking money from my card. Oh well, it will go somewhere else then.

Message 93 of 246 (4,712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 3, 2013

problem is, this is not a option for Playstation plus.

Message 94 of 246 (4,704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Same issue here. Please look into this. I have verified all information with bank.

Message 95 of 246 (4,680 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Ok guys, I think I have the ultimate guide to make your card go through.
1. DO NOT TRY TO ENTER INFORMATION USING PS3, PS4, or VITA. GO ONLINE TO ENTER BILLING INFO.
I'm not sure if it was a just a personal fluke, but when I tried using sony devices they always gave me errors no matter what. I ultimately got Sony to take accept my info by going to the Sony Entertainment Network website.
2. Enter I billing information EXACTLY as it appears on your bank statement.
For example, my statement has a 0 placed in front of the first number of my street address. On top of this, one of the words of my street address is absent from my statement. Finally if your name and address show up spelled in capital letters, make sure you enter your name in capitals as well. Anyway, this works for me so hopefully it works for you guys as well.
Message 96 of 246 (4,627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Well, I tried that too. Went over to the Playstation Network store on Sony and tried to update my debit card information. It wouldn't let me. It just kept telling me my card number was wrong. **bleep** Sony?
Message 97 of 246 (4,623 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

I am having this exact same issue. I enter ALL of my information EXACTLY as it is on my bill and yet it still says "Please enter a valid credit card number" (mind you I have tried entering my information on both my PS4 and on the website from my PC) This is truely annoying and should not be happening. How does Sny expect to make money if you can't even use your **bleep** card to buy anything! I really do hope this issue is resolved in the VERY NEAR future. Think they need to add the option of using Visa Debit cards as well as using Pre Paid cards. This is the only place I have ever recieved this error while using my card. There is quite a few features I am missing out on because of this error and it is very dissappointing, almost disappointing enough to make me go get an Xbox One because I have never had this issue with them.

Message 98 of 246 (4,588 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I did find that the PSN cards you can by at stores work fine to get you subscribed for however many months you want to pay for, but as we are all having problems with, if you want to buy something, you still need to have your debit or credit card info put in and that is not working.
Message 99 of 246 (4,575 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 27, 2013
I am also having this problem, I cannot redeem my psplus codes as I need a credit card on record. My credit card number which they accept before is now "not valid". I've tried entering address exactly and mixing it around trick but neither worked. This is an old tread so obviously sony don't give a **bleep** about their customers. So annoyed
Message 100 of 246 (4,333 Views)