First Son
1 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

Jan 4, 2013

I'm digging this topic up again because, quite honestly, I am on the brink of madness because of just how infuriating this is.

I have gone over my information several times, I have entered every detail right down to the capitalization (or lack thereof) on my account, and I'm still getting this 'Please enter a valid credit card number' load of bull.

This is on my debit card which I use for everything else. Nexon, Steam, Warcraft, League, none of them have given me anywhere near as much trouble over this as I'm getting trying to update my billing information for PSN. The information isn't being entered any differently, and I've tried all of these mentioned "solutions" in this thread.

So, my question is, what the hell, Sony?

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 136 (1,455 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Tri_Blood wrote:

Sorry if it sounds like im beating a dead horse but i had the same issue and it was caused by the address. My Credit card/address info was set perfectly as it appeared on my statement but still got the "Please enter a valid credit card number" . My solution was to set the Street on first line then App# on 2nd. 

So if you lived at 1337 Fakesville Rd it would be set like so:

Address Line 1:  Fakesville Rd

Address Line 2: 1337

Hope that helps and g/l to the rest of those who are also having a hard time giving Sony money. lol

Surprisingly, this worked, thanks for the information. Only thing to add to this, is that my apartment # went on the first line after the address. I was getting so frustrated, and it's because I was trying several methods that people posted, and several cards. Thanks for the help mate.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 136 (1,418 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say **bleep** you for calling it customer error you pricks. There were no issues when it came time to purchase my playstation with the same credit card you're now telling me is not valid. Thank you for the 30 days free playstation plus which is **bleep** USELESS because you cant fix a simple problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 136 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 2, 2013
My card info has been filed over a year nothing changed and I tried to purchase the season pass for black ops 2,that is when I started receiving the error so it is b s that it is customer putting invalid info in the system
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 136 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 2, 2013
I didn't get anything free I did purchase several items last year with no problem with the card I haven't renewed my ps plus because of their error not mine
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 136 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Its pretty disheartening to learn this is a common issue with many PS users. I've been using my card for months and suddenly  I can no longer put funds into my ps3 wallet. Tried customer service and I felt bad because he could pretty much only say  either get a prepaid card or use paypal; which for policy reasons, I don't use paypal and ...why should i spend 20$ on  5$  funds I wish to add? So yeah...I don't understand why Sony would rather lose money by not acknowedging this issue than accept and fix the problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 136 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Putting the street address *number* on the "Address Line 2" text field worked for me too.  Thanks!

I can't believe how **bleep** dumb sony is.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 136 (1,147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 136 (1,127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Same here...my address was right. Looked at my bank statement...apt was above street number. So I put it in like that ...and PRESTO....it accepted it. SMFH
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 136 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I think I'm screwed.. My CC company puts my province in a dropdown featuring only uppercase names and PSN only has them in Aaaaa format...

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 136 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes