Wastelander
515 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, you were right RuMorinc. But simply writing the same thing down wasn't enough. It wouldn't work until I literally copied and pasted the address directly from my bank account. o_o

Sony, I don't mind you making my account more secure, but PLEASE tell me how to use it if you change something again.

"Nothing is permanent in this world, not even our troubles."
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 158 (2,129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Oct 20, 2012

gh3player wrote:

i am ready to ****ing lose it with this ****!! i have my credit card info right and everything is right why does it love to make me upset and get me aggrivated  to the point where i want to break something? any help

I've had this problem too.  My info was stored on my PS3 and when I tried to buy something for Home, I was told my card was invalid.  I has just paid for another Home item not 10 minutes earlier.

I then found out it's because my credit union that I belong to has a restriction where we can't have less than 100 dollars in our checking accounts.  That, plus a second use so soon after the first must have raised a red flag and they thought someone may have stolen my card and locked the card for 24 hours so no one could use it while they verified the payment was legit.  For some reason, they don't care about that when I have more than 100 dollars in my checking account.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 158 (2,120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

I've had tons of issues getting it to accept my credit card, but NOT my Debit card.

For what ever its worth, heres how I resolved the issue.

Look at your CC statement, and make sure the adress is EXACTLY like the credit card company has it on your statement.

I thought I did this, but it turns my statements have my zip code in this format:

12345-1234    rather than just the zip as I had it entered.

Entering the Zip like that, on the website resolved the issue for me.  Apparently, it matters.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 158 (2,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

After trying and trying again and literally copy-pasting my address off my credit card e-statement, I finally got this to work after:

1. Changing my address on my PSN account to match the address as given by the USPS when I entered it into their "find your zip" tool.
  2. Changing my address through my bank website to match that address.

I'm guessing it's the latter that actually fixed the problem. (I'm honestly surprised that the change would propegate that quickly, but apparently it did.) Whatever. I finally convinced Sony that I have a credit card with a "valid" number.

Here's hoping this helps someone else with this absolutely ridiculous problem that should have been fixed ages ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 158 (1,972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Sir, I cannot thank you enough. You have no idea how long I've been trying this. I tried something like every 4 months. It turned out to be exactly what you said. Thanks!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 158 (1,841 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Wow, I understand the need for security, especially after they got hacked, but this is just ridiculous.

Got a new credit card and tried to enter my info around twenty times, half on my PS3 and the other half on the SEN site.  Apparently my apartment number is supposed to go on the first line, with the street address on the second one.  Which is completely ridiculous since every other website I've ever used accepts the apartment number on the second line.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 158 (1,788 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 12, 2012

YES! This was my problem as well.  Check back to your credit card issuer as well as they may have it listed that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 158 (1,704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Same problem here....

Not even... just whatever. I'm done with PSN. 

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 158 (1,567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Sony has a habit of doing this!!!   I don't know WHO manages thier CC billing system but they have to be loosing TONS of $$$.   I had the same problem adding money to my wallet last year and the year before.   Same issue...   I don't know if they can't handle the volume or they just use some half-assed method of CC authorization.    Not to add fuel to the fire...but NEVER have these kind of issues with Xbox/MS.   

SONY....If your monitoring... Get your ACT together.    This time of year the $$ should be flowing in...all your doing is hurting yourselves and causing mega-frustration from your fans.   

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 158 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 4, 2013

jgstyle00 wrote:

I just had to deal with this problem today. This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen, but here's how I got it to work.

Like others I had to copy my bank statement.

Originally I had this (the way I always enter my address):

111 main st

Apt #1

Then I read it had to be all on one line and to copy your bank statement . Well this was how my bank statement was written:

JOE BLOW

APT 1

111 MAIN ST

so I went back in and added the address as APT 5 111 MAIN ST -and it worked. Holy crap this is not something I would have figured out had I not searched online. I've never entered my address in like that on any other site/service.

The best part is how it kept insisting my card number was wrong, thus leading me down the entirely wrong direction...sheesh.

Hi I just wanted to say THANK YOU. I entered in my information the exact way you did using all 3 lines and it worked!

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 158 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes