Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

Aug 24, 2012

Thank you RuMorInc!! I have been struggling with this for months!! Tried several times now, on my vita, ps3, and now online - it would never accept my cc number. Had to keep buying the stupid PSN cards just to get DL content.

Even playing around with my address didn't make it work. But after reading this post I tried some more, and finally it worked... 

Talk about picky!! Literally, I had my address written as

11-2222 fail street. (no spaces between the numbers) - and it wouldn't accept it. 

Then I tried putting a SINGLE space in such as

11 -2222 fail street - and it worked??

How messed up is that?

Anyway, for anyone else having trouble with this issue, keep trying different combinations of your address because it finally worked for me - yes it's rediculous but it seems to fix it.

Message 21 of 180 (4,403 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 28, 2012

I have been trying to buy broken steel for over a year now and it is still saying my credit card information is not correct.

I have 2 credit cards and neithor one of them works. I don't live in an appartment and I copied word for word off my bank statements. Is there anywhere else I could purchase broken steel for my PSN or can someone please help me figure this out.

Message 22 of 180 (4,364 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I have been having the exact same issue. I have tried every method of inputting my address (even the way it is written on my statement, of course) and nothing has worked. This is really ridiculous.

Message 23 of 180 (4,240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I just had to deal with this problem today. This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen, but here's how I got it to work.

Like others I had to copy my bank statement.

Originally I had this (the way I always enter my address):

111 main st

Apt #1

Then I read it had to be all on one line and to copy your bank statement . Well this was how my bank statement was written:

JOE BLOW

APT 1

111 MAIN ST

so I went back in and added the address as APT 5 111 MAIN ST -and it worked. Holy crap this is not something I would have figured out had I not searched online. I've never entered my address in like that on any other site/service.

The best part is how it kept insisting my card number was wrong, thus leading me down the entirely wrong direction...sheesh.

Message 24 of 180 (4,230 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 19, 2012
After trying forever it finally worked for me too. I looked at my statement and on my address it had the extra -XXXX numbers on my zip code. So i put in my super long XXXXX-XXXX zip code and success!
I registered on underground back when I bought my ps1 and had no idea what a "handle" so dont mind that
Message 25 of 180 (4,207 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

FIXED IT - PLEASE READ!

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

I had the same problem with a ScotiaBank VISA card. The problem was the address I had entered. It had to match exactly how the bank enterred it.

I live in a 6-unit condo block, and there's more than one way to write the address (the unit # can be a prefix or a suffix). All I did was open my online bank profile, look at my personal informationm and copy/pasted the adddress and cardholder name from there (same case too, uppercase).

I submitted the card to PSN and it passed immediately. That would also expain a problem I had with Amazon.ca not able to process my new card as well!

Message 26 of 180 (4,155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 26, 2012
This worked!

That's weird. I put my street number on the second line rather than preceding my street name on the first line and it worked!

Thanks, Tri_Blood.
Message 27 of 180 (4,136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 29, 2012
No dice, friends. I put it all in, tried tri blood's suggestion, nada nada nada. Sony, you really need to fix this. Not that the top dogs are going to listen to IT anyway...
Message 28 of 180 (4,082 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 2, 2012

That fixed it for me too.  Thanks.

Message 29 of 180 (4,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Thank you so much JGStyle! I just got the PS Visa card and could not figure out why I was getting the "invalid card number" error. I put my apartment number on line one, then my street address on line two and it worked! That's such a dumb thing to have to do.

Message 30 of 180 (3,999 Views)
0 Likes