First Son
1 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

May 26, 2012

Yep, I'm trying to buy the new UEFA Euro 2012 add-on and I keep receiving this B.S. And not that I cannot afford it, but why the heck did Sony charge $1.00 to my credit card? Apparently they can't accept the card number to buy new items, but they can rip me off? Something smells rotten. I will not buy anything through SEN until Sony sorts this all out and sends an official email notifying users of the changes they have made.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 158 (7,254 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I had the same problem today... I think Sony got really careful since they've had some info stolen a year ago... In my case, I went on my online bank account and looked for the adress the way it had been entered by my bank.... And when I entered it that way on psn... WOW.. After ten tries earlier, this was the source of the problem...  The adresse linked to the Credit Card.... So let's give it a try and you'll have a surprise too! Hope this helps...

Peace

Jan

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 158 (7,254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Didn't help me. I checked the statement for Amex, which worked previously to buy credit for Walking Dead ep. 1 but not when it came time to buy ep. 2, and the address matched up perfectly. I have tried every permutation I can think of, including all of Sony's suggestions. Then I switched to another card, referring to the address on the bank website under my account when filling out the billing information here. Exact same issue. I give up. I enjoyed the first episode well enough for $4.99, but it sure isn't worth all the time and aggravation I've put into it today. If Sony is that aggressive about not wanting me to spend money on their services, then so be it. I really only feel bad for the developer. I'll survive. I have plenty of discs to play through instead. I'm done trying to get this busted system to work. It's obviously not going to happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 158 (7,213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Been dealing with this for days so thought I'd share the knowledge as I just got it sorted...

Your CC details must be entered EXACTLY the same way. I'll ellaborate on EXACTLY because what seems logical and reasonable, clearly is not.

If your CC statement or online account shows your address on 1 line i.e. APT 1000 55 HELLO STREET, this is exactly the way you need to enter it. The first 10 times I tried, I put the address of my building in the Address 1 box and my apt number in the Address 2 box and this seems to have been the cause of the problem.

Check your online account and copy and paste your address. Even check your postal code (if you're Canadian) and enter it with or without spaces, however it appears through your bank. This definitely seems absurb but with a bit of calm nerves, I'm sure it's something you can get done.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 158 (7,158 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 17, 2012

My Playstation decided to start freezing up on me randomly while playing games and the "fix" was to reset everything and format the drive.  So I did and now that I try to set up my billing information, I have the exact same issue.  I have tried 3 different CCs all of which I know the billing address for and use them for other billing services.  This has been so frustrating and I've just given up.  Not to mention the website totally sucks and is no help.  I called Customer Service but they won't set up my billing.  F U Sony.  FU.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 158 (7,102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 31, 2012

the pro

the problem with the invalid card numer its stupid and blow my mind and the "solutions" of playstation network staff are worst that the problem i tried with 4 differents cards and them i put it on amazon, with the same info and no problem,
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 158 (6,993 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2012

So I tired to buying a game or two from PSN. Had the exact same problem.

Entered everything correctly still said invalid.

And after like 30 minutes of frustation my best guess is that this is Sony's way of telling me to not to spent my money on their products or games from their network.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 158 (6,959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Hate to dig up an older post, but I am having this issue as well. I have checked and rechecked my bank statement(s), tried my wife's card, tried my college card, etc. Etc. Made sure it was all in caps, no spaces, everything right. The only problem that the website has is with the actual credit card numbers, not the address or anything else. And it does it to me on any card I try to put in: "Invalid Credit Card Number" pops up below the digits of the card. Somehow the website AND the PSN on my PS3 are both having issues with my cards. And like I said, I copied my address info and everything else over perfectly from my bank statements.

Any info on this would be great. I have searched similar posts but they all lead to problems with the card information not being entered properly, and I have had that issue in the past (which is how I figured out I had to capitolize my address). So if there is anything on why it is only not accepting the actual card numbers, that would be great.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 158 (6,882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Sorry if it sounds like im beating a dead horse but i had the same issue and it was caused by the address. My Credit card/address info was set perfectly as it appeared on my statement but still got the "Please enter a valid credit card number" . My solution was to set the Street on first line then App# on 2nd. 

So if you lived at 1337 Fakesville Rd it would be set like so:

Address Line 1:  Fakesville Rd

Address Line 2: 1337

Hope that helps and g/l to the rest of those who are also having a hard time giving Sony money. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 158 (6,818 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I've had this problem before.All you can do is wait.Just keep trying every day,until you manage to solve your problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 158 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes