Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2011
By: gh3player First Son 1 posts

Invalid credit card number

172 replies 31960 views Edited Dec 27, 2011

i am ready to ****ing lose it with this ****!! i have my credit card info right and everything is right why does it love to make me upset and get me aggrivated  to the point where i want to break something? any help

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 173 (31,960 Views)
VP of Gaming
28709 posts

Re: Invalid credit card number

Dec 27, 2011

Check, double-check then check again that your credit card billing information matches EXACTLY that on your credit card bill.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 173 (31,960 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 27, 2011

Pretty insulting/condescending reply considering this is now a significant and commonly known issue that Sony has refused to acknowledge or fix.

Frankly, I'm getting just about sick of this, and this is coming from a decades old loyal Sony customer.

The problem is NOT with customers or their respective banks, hardware or network connections. This is a Sony problem and trying to catagorize it as anything but is going to continue to alienate customers.

Unfortunately, Sony obviously haven't learned from their last terrible response to customer grievances.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 173 (31,960 Views)
VP of Gaming
28709 posts

Dec 27, 2011

FlashWalken wrote:

Pretty insulting/condescending reply considering this is now a significant and commonly known issue that Sony has refused to acknowledge or fix.

Frankly, I'm getting just about sick of this, and this is coming from a decades old loyal Sony customer.

The problem is NOT with customers or their respective banks, hardware or network connections. This is a Sony problem and trying to catagorize it as anything but is going to continue to alienate customers.

Unfortunately, Sony obviously haven't learned from their last terrible response to customer grievances.

Welcome to the Playstation Community.

My intention wasn't to insult nor condescend, my intention was to be concise & to the point, something I try to be on these Forums, a lot, not all, but a lot of errors crop up because of people wrongly inputting digits/numbers, I've done it & I'm sure you have too, so yes, some of the problems are with customers.

I will however say that Sony should perhaps look into why so many people are having problems with adding or changing a credit card on PSN, many though find that once they do so via the Qriocity website it solves the issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 173 (31,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 28, 2011

Thank you for your reply.

Obviously I have no problem with the lower level non-policy implementing employees who are trying to help, but this is beginning to border on the absurd.

Having spent the last 2 weeks frustrated because of my inabilitiy to use credit card information that had previously worked, I've come here and other forums where this is an obvious and clear problem for MANY playstation users.

If this many are seeking out a fix this tenaciously, there are numerous others who are also likely unsatisfied with their service but have decided not putting in the effort to spend their money, or have simply switched consoles. Neither of these are particularly good for business.

You'd think Sony would be concerned that likely thousands of people have been unable to spend their money during the holiday season.

That no one has clued in at this point to give any other customer service other than putting the blame on the customer is shoddy public relations. Sony should have learned their lesson from the last time they stonewalled customers on information regarding their accounts and purchasing ability. Obviously, and unfortunately, they have retained their existing public relations structure.

In the absense of information, the only thing left is speculation.

Sony is obviously aware of the issue. By not disclosing this to their customer base, it makes sense based on their previous actions that they know this is a substantially larger problem than we are being told, it affects the PSN store security and has been up to this point, unfixable without a PSN store rebuild.

If this is the case, which again isn't a stretch in the least, one begins to wonder if this is the reason for the PSN store re-design. If Sony is simply waiting to release the new PSN store to fix what is a known issue, I posit that they are exposing otherwise unknowing customers to security threats.

Sony could do us all a favour by just acknowledging the problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 173 (31,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2012

I have the exact same problem. After 10 times, it's not me. I tried removing the apt, spaces, no spaces. You name it.

I deleted my old account info, re-created it, same problem. I'm not buying stupid cards. I had no problem with this before they got hacked. So something changed.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 173 (31,960 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Feb 28, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 173 (31,959 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Apr 4, 2012

I have tried 5 differnt CC and all of them tell me to

"Please enter a valid credit card number"

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 173 (31,958 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2012

I am having the same issue trying my AMEX and VISA. I have tried everything from removing special characters to calling Visa and nothing. This is so frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 173 (31,958 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 20, 2012

I'm having the same problem.

It's quite ridiculous that entering a creditcard number is being made to be this difficult, if sony wants to keep its customers loyal, they need to start rectifying these issues. Immediately

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 173 (31,958 Views)
0 Likes