Mar 13 2012
By: HIMbCUZyourGAY First Son 11 posts

Internet problem?

2 replies 57 views Edited Mar 13, 2012

i current have a 100mb down speed through charter with a brand new cg3000D modem but my playstation is only showing 12.2 or less mb down speed, but when i had a 20mb down speed it would show the full 20 mb how can i fix this becuase it does affect downloading and playing games on the ps3 even though if i go to the browser and do a test there it shows a 50mb but not the full 100

Message 1 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: Internet problem?

Mar 13, 2012

Have you tried testing your speed on an internet browser using a PC? Do you get the same results, and what does that test off of the internet check for exactly? The download speed shown during an Internet Connection Test on the PS3 is more so what it's using during that exact test, it doesn't necessarily push the system its limits to show you how much it can accomplish. You'll normally notice the faster speeds during online gameplay when you're not really able to see the download speed of the content.

Also, consider the fact that it would be almost impossible to achieve 100 MB download speed during gameplay given that what you're doing during online gameplay is also registered and sent to the PSN and the third-party game servers. It's not able to completely utilize 100% of your download speed.

Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Re: Internet problem?

Mar 23, 2012

i know im not goin to achieve 100mbs cuz the system halfs the dn speed but im just trying to achieve a little over 20mb on the down speed since when i had 20 it was showing the exact speed but now it just shows 12 when i have 100 down instead of showing a 30mb down like i have seen on other peoples internet tests. i have tried port forwarding dmz host upnp and nothing has changed it. ive been getting the run around by psn and my ISP but my isp will only help out if theres a problem and they say there isnt one. but i know there is, i just havent figured out where it is yet.

Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes