Dec 19 2013
By: sitoriusj First Son 2 posts

Internet connection problems soon after system shuts down by itself

4 replies 193 views Edited Dec 19, 2013

I have never had an issue with our playstaion 3 before. But last night while I was streaming Netflix my system shut down on its own. When I restarted the machine it would no longer connect to the internet. It recognizes my internet address but says that my WAP key is incorrect. It times out everytime I try this. I have contacted both the tech support as well as well as my internet provider and no one can seem to figure it out. I have restarted the system and have rebutted the system as well as turned my router off and back on. Again no luck.. Please tell me that I am not alone and that there is a way to solve this issue!

Message 1 of 5 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9333 posts

Re: Internet connection problems soon after system shuts down by itself

Dec 20, 2013

The WAP key is in your router settings.  You need to log into your router with a browser and check the settings.  If you cannot remember the password you'll need to reset your router to factory settings, do the setup again and enter the new password into each device that connects to your router.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct
================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 2 of 5 (169 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 20, 2013

the router is through my internet provider and they provide the password. so i need to call them to have my password changed??

Message 3 of 5 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9333 posts

Dec 20, 2013

It may have been supplied by your internet provider, but it should physically be in your home, and you should have full access to it.

If you type in the IP 192.168.0.0 or 192.186.0.1 into a browser do you get to the login of the router?  (It may be some other address, you'd have to check the manual you received with the router).

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct
================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18802 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

sitoriusj wrote:

the router is through my internet provider and they provide the password. so i need to call them to have my password changed??

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

If you are not tech savvy enough to navigate-to &  make changes to your router than I suggest calling your ISP's costumer support line.

With that said, all ISP provided Wireless modem/routers come pre-configured with a WiFi key already established. This information is usually on label found on the side or under the device. Look for this and make use of it. If it doesn't work then do call your ISP.

The router local IP [used to access the router's web interface] as well as the interface's password are found on a label as well.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)