Jul 25 2012
By: elias101 First Son 1 posts

Internet Connection

4 replies 337 views Edited Jul 25, 2012

I have just one problem. everytime I play call of duty I lag so much everytime I try to kill someone. I don't know if its the game or if its the psn, because when I play other games its fine and there's no lag at all. My internet is hooked up via Ethernet cord you so I shouldn't be lagging. But if you guys can PLEASE!!! Respond to this message then that will be greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU

Message 1 of 5 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Internet Connection

Jul 25, 2012

There are many things that can affect lag...

Someone wrote a very comprehensive post on all of the different factors:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/PlayStation-3-Networking-and-Conn...

Message 2 of 5 (331 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

Additionally, if you live in a rural area that lacks a lot of call of duty players, you'll most likely be connected to someone who so far away that the latency is large enough to cause lag issues. 

You can use pingtest.net if you want to confirm that you are receiving a quality connection from your ISP. 

Message 3 of 5 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4653 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Also...Call Of Duty is infamous for lag/latency. I'm surprised you don't know this.
stargiss
Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Only thing I would recomend is to try to play when no one else is on if you went through everything in the previous post. Playing games online that are like COD has a big portion to do with the up-load speed. Simply because you must be constently sending the host your position in the game and all the actions. I would recomend a solid 1mbps upload speed when playing online so it can have decent and fair play. If you have a fast download, it simply means you can down load the other players position and actions pretty quickly.

Message 5 of 5 (217 Views)
0 Likes