Highlighted
Oct 30 2012
By: canadaeh VP of Gaming 31106 posts

Internet Connection Settings, SLOW compared to what it should be.

3 replies 267 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

So i've noticed the past while that whenever I do a speed test on the XMB it is much slower, this has been occuring for about the past 6 months. Before I was subscribed to 25Mbps and would get 17-25Mbps on the XMB speed test. BUT now im subscribed to 50Mbps internet and max out at 7Mbps whenever I do a speed test. So I guess the question is, would this be some sort of false reading, or am I only getting 7Mbps (tops) when downloading or playing games? 

If anyone else has noticed this issue and knows any fixes please let me know, forgot to mention all my ports for PSN are forwarded, NAT type 2, all that good stuff...

Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Re: Internet Connection Settings, SLOW compared to what it should be.

Oct 31, 2012
I'm having this same issue...but it didnt start happening to me until that firmware update back in september (update 4.25).
Message 2 of 4 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I'm actually going through this exact issue as well. I should be getting around 30Mbps but only get around 8Mbps. I use a wired connection and when I run a test on my laptop with the very same cord I get about 30Mbps like I should. It doesn't really affect my online play, but when it takes over an hour to download a movie or game it is rediculous! My phone gets better speeds through the wifi router!

Message 3 of 4 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

you know mine is doing same thing, checked everything all settings firmware, connected directly to modem, called to friends with ps3's and their having same issue.  have 50mg internet and my download speed on laptop stays consistent around 40-45meg while ps3 is 7-8. ran speed test through browser on ps3 and it made it to only 10meg. i seriously believe its a software issue. but any suggestions from sony would be helpfull.

Message 4 of 4 (162 Views)
0 Likes