Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 08 2013
By: ScreamInVain First Son 7 posts

Installing Downloaded Store Content

5 replies 119 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

Alright... To make a long story short... My hard drive got wiped so I'm in the process of redownloading everything that I had on my hard drive prior to this horrid circumstance. I am currently about 1/4 of the way getting all of my games back from the PSN store and I have reached a problem. Back when there was that huge security deal, Sony or Playstation gave everybody a choice of 2 free predetermined choiced downloads. The downloads that I chose were InFamous and WipEout HD. I redownloaded WipEout HD and now there is a little gold emblem on the bottom left corner that I have never seen before. I didn't know what it meant but I figured I would ignore it and just install the game. After the game downloaded, it appears on the screen under my Game tab but the icon is inside of a little bubble-looking thing. When I hit X on it, it says "You can use this content of a PSP system. Do you want to copy it to a PSP system?"

Well, I don't have a PSP system, so, No, I don't. I push "No" and then it takes me back to the Game tab where it shows the icons still inside the bubble. I pushed Triangle to bring up the menu, then hit Install, and it brought me to a screen that says, "Connect the PSP system using a USB cable, and then select [USB Connection]... blah blah blah." As I stated earlier, I don't have a PSP. Is there any way that I can install this game without having a PSP now? I had it on there with no problems before. Thanks in advance.

-ScreamInVain

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28983 posts

Re: Installing Downloaded Store Content

Feb 8, 2013

This is a known issue, but you'll be pleased to know I have a solution for you.

Using the XMB menu, go to Account Management, then Download Management, then choose the game from there, it will then let you install it on your PS3.

BRIT-KO.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Account Management, then Download Management... There is no Download Management... I have Download Management under my Network tab but that just shows me what is currently downloading. Under Account Management, I have Transaction Management, and then from there I can see my Download List, but all it does is let me redownload the game. The game is already downloaded, I just need it installed.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28983 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

ScreamInVain wrote:

Account Management, then Download Management... There is no Download Management... I have Download Management under my Network tab but that just shows me what is currently downloading. Under Account Management, I have Transaction Management, and then from there I can see my Download List, but all it does is let me redownload the game. The game is already downloaded, I just need it installed.

Sorry my bad, i meant Account management then transaction management.

Yes but you're currently being forced to download to the PSP aren't you, you want to download & install it on the PS3, if so do as I suggested, cancel the current download the start a new one the way I have indicated.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11135 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Oh. Surprise. Someone who can't use the Search function. Didn't see that coming.

You might as well do what BRIT suggests, as that's currently the only fix to the problem.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Sorry for the late response, been pretty busy. Ok, so I cancelled the download, went through Account Management into Transaction Management to redownload the game and it's still telling me to plug in a PSP system to install it. What am I doing wrong?

I just noticed too that is says "PS3" on the bottom right hand corner of the icon, whereas my download for PS Allstars says "PS Vita" in the bottom right. I don't understand why it's not working.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (66 Views)
0 Likes