Feb 04 2014
By: SykoFox First Son 1 posts

Information about refunds isn't clear. Anyone have experience?

2 replies 249 views Edited Feb 4, 2014

Okay, so I checked and it says if a child or someone else purchased something on your account, you can contact them and they'll "investigate it further". I have no idea what this means, or if I should even go through the rigmarole of pursuing it. Does anyone have any experience with getting a refund this way? Can you get a refund, and if so, do they give you your money back or just put it back in your PSN wallet?

Message 1 of 3 (249 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41765 posts

Re: Information about refunds isn't clear. Anyone have experience?

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2014

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

SykoFox wrote:

Okay, so I checked and it says if a child or someone else purchased something on your account, you can contact them and they'll "investigate it further". I have no idea what this means, or if I should even go through the rigmarole of pursuing it. Does anyone have any experience with getting a refund this way? Can you get a refund, and if so, do they give you your money back or just put it back in your PSN wallet?

Actually it's pretty clearly set out what is involved.

All sales from the PS store are classed as final & as a rule no refunds are given, having said that there is nothing stopping you from contacting Sony customer eupport & asking them to submit a refund request on your behalf, just let it be known that all refund requests are looked at on a case by case basis.

For your issue I would set up  a'pasword required at checkout' option on your account to stop this from happening again, anyone who has tried to submit more than one (muliple refund requests) has more chance of failing.

Any refund granted will always be a credit back to your PSN wallet.

Hope this helped.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)
MVP Support
16920 posts

Re: Information about refunds isn't clear. Anyone have experience?

Feb 4, 2014

SykoFox wrote:

What rigmarole?  It's a phone call, or a quick live chat session.  Probably about the same effort as posting here.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 3 (226 Views)
0 Likes