Aug 04 2013
By: reapersp First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Increase of players using the hack COD MW3 PS3

[ Edited ]
12 replies 1835 views Edited Aug 6, 2013

I wonder what is happening with Sony, I am seeing a significant increase in players using hack invisbilidade and others. The sony stopped investing in security on the PS3 due to the pre launch of PS4? I stopped playing because I think the PC would have guaranteed fun in my PS3 even paying more in games and now this?
If notify players that use hack because it does not receive at least one e-mail telling you what happened and what providences taken?
If the PS4 is so hard to want to invest in a platform that anyone can use hack and nothing happens.Cat Sad

In the video shared on Facebook and players****BleeP***-use hack invisibility and even saying that I would report them, they laughed and said they did not report for Sony's anything. I would like something done because I do not want to invest invest in a console where this kind of thing happens.

**EDITED to remove member names and external links*****

Message 1 of 13 (1,835 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: Increase of players using the hack COD MW3 PS3

Aug 6, 2013

you need to edit your post to remove the user ID of the person your accusing, thats called blacklisting and its a violation of the forum rules.

people have been cheating at games since the game geniue on NES, no way to stop it completely

Message 2 of 13 (1,795 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16910 posts

Aug 6, 2013

reapersp wrote:

I wonder what is happening with Sony, >snip< 

SONY did not develop, program, produce or distribute COD or MW3.  They are not responsible for how secure these games are from hackers and modders.  You need to contact the game developers to voice your concern.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 13 (1,787 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Whether it is cod or not, came to claim the only security platform, users do not need me criticizing.
If unlocked consoles could not log into PSN and I think now would help a lot, in fact, I wonder why buy original games and invest in a platform that anyone uses a software unlock and play freely without punishment.
I chose the Sony brand and reliability in thinking it would be different from other consoles but apparently I'm wrong ..
is my opinion and I know many disagree but I am entitled to express my dissatisfaction.

Message 4 of 13 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

reapersp wrote:

Whether it is cod or not, came to claim the only security platform, users do not need me criticizing.
If unlocked consoles could not log into PSN and I think now would help a lot, in fact, I wonder why buy original games and invest in a platform that anyone uses a software unlock and play freely without punishment.
I chose the Sony brand and reliability in thinking it would be different from other consoles but apparently I'm wrong ..
is my opinion and I know many disagree but I am entitled to express my dissatisfaction.

correct me if I am wrong but wouldnt SONY ban a console if they see that it has been modded?

back in the day I had a modded xbox360 so I could play burned games, never even used it for online, but went online once to get some dlc and it said console was banned

does SONY not do the same thing?

Message 5 of 13 (1,757 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16910 posts

Aug 7, 2013

reapersp wrote:

Do you think the Other Console is any better?  You think Micro$oft is doing a better job?  I believe the the Other Console is far easier on which to use mods for COD.  Nobody is perfect.

Your opinion counts, and you can express whatever dissatisfaction you wish.   Hopefully your anger/frustration is aimed in the right direction.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 6 of 13 (1,754 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I started this topic to complain about a situation that is being increasingly used, do not want to judge who is using modified consoles or not, just think to keep the originality of the console, use original accessories and original games I like many other players are supporting companies Sony and game developers and we must at least have guaranteed our rights as consumers. I know it is impossible to restrict certain things, but you have to agree that it does not consistently log on PSN can not play online and who manages the PSN?
Would like that my complaints were verified and receive a positive response to at least believe that something is done in relation to problems that pointed.
Developers of games like Diablo 3, Wow and other has a good system of support, because with the Playstation can not be this way?

Message 7 of 13 (1,739 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Aug 7, 2013

MS actually does alot of banning Sony not so much. The sony players are  always bragging they are cheating and laugh how it is simple and sony rarely does anything to them. At least ms catches enough but ps3 is plagued by cheaters. They play the blame game to avoid the bad pr both do. Will ps4 be different i doubt it they are to far behind.

Message 8 of 13 (1,718 Views)
PlayStation Support
5919 posts

Aug 7, 2013

You can report cheating directly to Activision here:

http://support.activision.com/Contact_Us

To report malicious actions on the PSN please use the instructions here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/report%20abuse

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 9 of 13 (1,713 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Aug 8, 2013

FNL4EVA23 wrote:

MS actually does alot of banning Sony not so much. The sony players are  always bragging they are cheating and laugh how it is simple and sony rarely does anything to them. At least ms catches enough but ps3 is plagued by cheaters. They play the blame game to avoid the bad pr both do. Will ps4 be different i doubt it they are to far behind.

Microsoft has MUCH tighter control of their entire network, as well as all the servers that connect to their network.  When you charge people from the get-go to use your system, you can afford the manpower and financial investment needed to maintain that network.

What Sony has is akin to a network of roads, and games that run on the PSN are run by individual houses.  For first party games, those servers are run and maintained by Sony themselves and therefore they have the ability and the right to police them however they want, and control access to them.  This isn't the case with third party developers.  For those games, Sony is only able to "Police" those roads to the servers (the PSN), but what happens in those houses (servers) is outside of their control.  If someone is using a "hacked" PS3 to gain access to those servers, then yes, Sony is able to ban that console since technically they are using an illegal system on Sony's "roads". 

What so many people see happening with flavor-of-the-month CoD games is individuals using their PC to break into the servers that are running the CoD games and allow their PS3 to access parts of the server that they normally wouldn't have access to.  In a sense, they are creating their own "road" to the server that goes from their PS3 to the custom built "road" via their PC and into the "basement window" of the CoD server.  The publisher of CoD is 100% responsible for ensuring the security of their system.  The thing is, it costs money to maintain servers and keep them secure, so the developers will typically ignore any iteration of the game that isn't the most current one.  This is so they can keep more money to themselves, and also force users to buy the latest version of their game.  No matter how insecure these servers are, Sony is not able to police them.  Yes, Sony can prevent people from accessing the servers using their "roads" (the PSN), but only if there is proof of "illegal activity" while on their "roads".  Otherwise, if they were to ban people because of something someone said was done, you would have trolls who would lose a match legitimately and then cry to Sony saying that someone cheated in order to get them banned.  Hence why Sony will not ban someone unless they have proof.  (And while you can say "i posted a video of the cheating on YouTube", I can easily edit a video using the countless number of video-editing software out there to make it look like something happened that never did).

So the only course of action is to complain to the folks who are responsible for the upkeep of those servers.  They are the only ones who have the ability to maintain security of their servers, and control who has access to their servers.  They are the ones who are able to go and block certain users from accessing the server.  The sad thing is, unless it's the latest-and-greatest version of their game, they are likely to ignore you and just reccomend that you buy the newest version.  Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 13 (1,689 Views)