Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 14 2013
By: Reule Lombax Warrior 109 posts

Incorrect Friend's Request Error? Please respond.

5 replies 211 views Edited Oct 14, 2013

I might be worrying over nothing but last night someone had sent me a friend's request but I didn't want to add them. After I had finished playing, I denied the friend's request from the list. I then went to my my Inbox and was going through the other messages they had sent when I saw the actual message for the friend's request. I went to deny again and normally I get something along the lines of "An error occurred during the add operation. The request to add to friends has already been cancelled" but instead I had an error telling me "The maximum amount of friends has been reached..." etc.

Has this been introduced in the latest firmware as an error for denying an already denied friend's request?

Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3970 posts

Re: Incorrect Friend's Request Error? Please respond.

Oct 14, 2013
You have nothing to worry about, and it sounds like you've hit your maximum friend limit. That is the reason you most likely got a different message. You should be fine :smileyhappy:

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^
Message 2 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I haven't though, I only had 57 friends. I guess I should've clarified that at the beginning. I guess it is nothing to worry about but just odd seeing a different error message.

Message 3 of 6 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3970 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2013

Hmm that's odd then. If I'm not mistaken pending friend requests also count towards that limit. So if you have pending requests just sitting in your inbox, try deleting them and I think that should fix your problem.

Message 4 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I don't think I have any active friend's requests. I'm trying to recreate it with someone on their end but have to wait till later. Probably not even worth the trouble but that's why I was thinking the error has changed recently with the last Firmware update. Instead of getting the error that it's already been cancelled there's a false error in place about the friend's limit.

Message 5 of 6 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3970 posts

Oct 14, 2013
Yeah seems like an incredibly odd one off issue. Not a big one as long as the person isn't added right? :smileyhappy: If something goes haywire again, post it here.

Message 6 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes