Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 17 2013
By: ChimericalWangle First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Inappropriate ID Ban

[ Edited ]
4 replies 459 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I was recently banned for "inappropriate id" I have had the id ********************** for five years. I have been witness to all kinds of crude and hostile behavior gaming online. I usually mute players and leave lobbies. Was my ID so bad or did some one get mad for losing there life so much in games I play? While those questions will go without answers I'm sure, Will my season pass for black ops 2 be transferable to my new id?

Edit: Inappropriate ID removed

Message 1 of 5 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Re: Inappropriate ID Ban

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

ChimericalWangle wrote:

I was recently banned for "inappropriate id" I have had the id ********************** for five years. I have been witness to all kinds of crude and hostile behavior gaming online. I usually mute players and leave lobbies. Was my ID so bad or did some one get mad for losing there life so much in games I play? While those questions will go without answers I'm sure, Will my season pass for black ops 2 be transferable to my new id?

Well. now that I got a chance to reply, I noticed your ID was removed from your original post. If you are sure it was for inappropriate ID, then I suspect it was due to using curse words in your PSN ID. It took that long as somebody noticed your ID and likely filed a complaint. Or another random reason.

Edit: I saw your original ID before the MOD deleted it. I'm 99% sure it was for a varient spelling of bad words.

edit 2: Call Sony support. Explain that you had a ban. You should be able to download from the store on that banned id? if not see if they can transfer it.

Message 2 of 5 (432 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30362 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

ChimericalWangle wrote:

An ID can be reported at any time, it may get reported years after is created, it happens, Sony obviously agreed that your PSN ID was innapropriate & that's all that really matters.

As for your games etc, I would have thought Sony would make the available to you, you'll have to contact support about this.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 5 (425 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15520 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Sony does not review all online ids when they are created.  There are automatic filters, but you can get around them by using alternate spellings.  The fact that the automatic filters did not reject the id, does not mean that the id is acceptable.  It just means that Sony won't know about it until someone brings it to the attention of the enforcement team.  Someone reported your id as offensive, Sony agreed, and your account has been banned.  That is all there is to it.  Sony's decision on this matter is final.  You should have followed the naming rules, instead of trying to circumvent them. You thought that you got away with it, but you just postponed the day of reckoning, which is actually worse for you, because now you have a lot invested in the account. The fault was still your own.  And no, none of the Playstation Store purchases, including online and season passes, will be transferred to any other account. You have lost access to everything that you purchased, or earned, with your previous PSN account.  It could have happened at any time during the past five years.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (403 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 21, 2013
I thank you all for the information and will roll the dice and explain it so hopefully they will show good faith that I meant no harm. It was simply a witty word play I thought was entertaining. Mostly I got laughes and compliments, it only took one unsatisfied customer. And to gkpama00, relax bud and put the tiger back in its cage. Im not a terrorist, racist, facist, or crazy idealist...Just a regular guy trying to play video games. Had I believed I would be hurting someone's feelings I would have definitly reconsidered 5 years ago. The only games I play are mature and if your old enough to simulate murder or assault, one would think you could find a self inflicting joke from another player as entertainment. (obviously not in my case)
Message 5 of 5 (372 Views)
0 Likes