First Son
17 posts

Re: In need of big help. PS3 and PSP crashes internet when I try to connect. This is driving me crazy, HELP!

Feb 25, 2011

Just one last thing, my Wii has WTU set at zero, my PSP doesn't (I think) even have a WTU, and my ps3 has the MTU. Should I just use automatic?

I have not updated yet so should I disable the UPnP until I do.

Oh and my ps3 just blew the internet, damn.

How long it took me to get the internet to work on my devices.
Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Ps3 - I don't want to talk about it
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 11 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: In need of big help. PS3 and PSP crashes internet when I try to connect. This is driving me crazy, HELP!

Feb 25, 2011

Use the default MTU. If someone has changed it, then set it back to 1500. I have no idea what WTU is, so leave that one alone.

Message 12 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2011

And should I set a DHCP host name?

And I should disable or enable UPnP since I have not updated my router yet

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 13 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2011

When I start the internet connection test it blows out immediately. I am not putting anything in anymore, its all auto.

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 14 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 25, 2011

You can set UPnP on before you update the firmware. Don't mess with the DHCP hostname.

Are you using wired or wireless with the PS3?

Message 15 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Wireless. But I will use wired only if its my only option left.  I have the media server disabled, should I turn that on?

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 16 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Leave it off for now. Try wired if you can, or update the firmware first and try wireless again.

Message 17 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2011

I did try wired once and it did the same thing. I will have to wait a bit to do that because I just got knee surgery and my knee is not stable so I don't want to fall while carrying it (router is downstairs and my ps3 is upstairs). My dad wont let me update the firmware on the router because he said it took him too long to figure out how to set up all the stuff and he doesn't want to do it again (which I don't think updating would affect that stuff). I can't change his mind. But I dont think a bug would cause the router to crash.

Since my psp internet works, could I use it somehow to upload DLC stuff to the ps3?

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 18 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Nope. You need the PS3 to download DLC. I've seen crummy routers do just fine with a few devices and go crazy when I add just one more device to the network. The WRT54G had a lot of firmware updates to fix a lot of bugs. You really want the latest firmware if you can get it. I personally run third-party firmware on mine, since I still get updates that pick up where Linksys left off.

Updating the firmware won't change the settings on the router. You just need a computer with a wired connection.

Message 19 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2011

He wont do it. If I ask he will say I don't want to hear about it. So oh well. Im sure there is something Im doing wrong. I think Im going to try one more thing.

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 20 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes