First Son
17 posts

Re: In need of big help. PS3 and PSP crashes internet when I try to connect. This is driving me crazy, HELP!

Feb 25, 2011

It didn't work. Damn. I will put one of your stuff as the correct answer tomorrow unless there is anything else you can think of. But you have been a big help and at least you got my psp to work.

How long it took me to get the internet to work on my devices.
Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Ps3 - I don't want to talk about it
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 21 of 24 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: In need of big help. PS3 and PSP crashes internet when I try to connect. This is driving me crazy, HELP!

Feb 25, 2011

As stupid as this sounds, I have this same prob all the time, The first thing to check for (easiest solution) is the time and date currently on your systems. They will not go online for games unless it is the same time as the server. Even one minute off and nothing! The next thing to do is check your internet connection speed on your systems. Log off manually, then shut off the system. Give it about a minute to work. then restart. and hook up to the internet again. This usually fixes my problems. Hope it helps!

Message 22 of 24 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Though my time and date do match, would that really cause a router to crash?

I don't even get internet on my ps3. Router crashes as soon as the testing internet connection starts.

I have to unplug and re-plugin the router to make the internet work again after it crashes (I have now done this about 500 times because of my ps3).

Oh and I just got another problem. My psp internet is doing something odd. It says it is connected when it test the connection, it can run google, BUT when I tried to use the Playstation store, the router crashes immediately.

So my psp can use google but not the PSN. My ps3 can't even get the internet. My Wii and Itouch continue to be fine for no apparent reason.

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 23 of 24 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 26, 2011

Things just got even weider for me. When I try to access the internet upstairs with the psp, the router gets blown out. BUT when I try to access it downstairs, (I can now use the PS store), but the odd part is, I can start it downstairs and go upstairs and it will still work. But when I start upstairs it does not work.

PS- I did the internet settings the same way for both the ps3 and psp, but only the psp can connect. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 24 of 24 (196 Views)
0 Likes