First Son
2 posts

Re: IP address error, can't obtain the IP address :( Please help!

Sep 18, 2013

same here¡¡¡¡¡ my ps3 doesnt connect to wifi anymore, doesnt recognize the dualshock wireless only with the usb cord and cant turnit off with the button, also sometimes display a message that says cant obtain ip address. i'm desperate..... any of you guys have solved this? thanks in advance

Message 11 of 16 (471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 29, 2013
Same..... if someone knows something how to fix it please help....
Message 12 of 16 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2013

Try this first to ensure its the ps3 system at fault.

Reset your router/modem settings (make sure to BACK UP YOUR .BIN/CONFIG files! to restore afterwards!)

Have 1 straight through cable to patch into ps3 and into router/modem directly.

And then the wireless test.

Use static ip to help out with isolation of issues.

PS3 network settings >

static IP> 192.168.x.x (Define your ip, mines 192.168.1.45)
Subnet> 255.255.255.0 (usually)
Gateway> 192.168.x.x (Your router/modems ip) Ex: 192.168.1.1

DNS 1> 192.168.x.x (use th same as gateway for DNS 1)
DNS 2> 8.8.8.8 (Rebound DNS for ps3, its a trick/work around)

Then try rotating out DNS 1 & 2 for 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Try static ip first, use ethernet cable straight through and connect ps3 ethernet port directly to router/modem's ethernet port (not the WAN port just the actual pc/lan port).

If ethernet fails with static ip setup, chances are its a bad patch cable, its a bad port (try another port then), or the ethernet card/driver is broken and the hardware needs replaced on ps3.

Try wireless, reset your router/modem and just leave it open for this experiment. See if it works, same thing though static ip, if it works you have your answer their, improper security settings on the ps3, or a incompatible security is used. In this case change your security to WPA, or WEP (both of which i know are supported by ps3)

If that fails, and it works with out any password, perhaps your mis-typing the key, or theirs something thats affecting your signal (?) Other devices in the area that are broadcasting strongly can affect this and cause the encryption key to be messed up/sent in broken fragments resulting in what you see related to your bad key or some random key error given. I ran into this issue a few times but then again i have 12+ networks i host on different ips, and multiple channels which does affect my devices if im not careful with my setup.

For the bluetooth issue... bluetooth driver maybe bad on the ps3, or it may have burned out, or the wire may have come lose, if your ps3 is under warranty send it in for repairs, if not... try to get a extension to beable to send it in for repairs, or buy a new one. Worst case scenario is taking it apart yourself to fix it. Its not hard to fix but WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

If the bluetooth fails... it can also be a bad bluetooth transmitter in their, or it could just be your dual shock wireless bluetooth unit built in it is broken or just faulty. Try other ps3 dual shock controllers, or a bluetooth headset, or hell even your phone if you can connect it via bluetooth. Thats another way to iron out if its a bad bluetooth device in ps3, or just a bad controller bluetooth.

"We bought the hardware, why cant we use our own programs on it? Sounds like Renting to me." Creator unknown
Message 13 of 16 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I've had it with this thing!  I've tried everything everyone has suggested short of taking the PS3 from it's location, connecting it via ethernet cable and trying to connect.  I've never had this problem before and figure I'm done with this - maybe the Xbox One won't have these connection issues.

Message 14 of 16 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
614 posts

Oct 14, 2013
Why are you talking about the xbox one lol ? compared to the ps3 thats like comparing apples to oranges.
Hello the name is Akari_Verdugo the Holy Knight a pleasure to meet you.
Message 15 of 16 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2015
I got my system clean now I don't have any IP address how do I go about that?
Message 16 of 16 (170 Views)
0 Likes