I recently got PS3 off eBay for about 450 CDN for a 60 gig. The first things I noticed was the NAT3 issue, as I was trying to set up to play Warhawk. Well It took a long time for me to figure it out, but here it is.
This WILL work.
If you are using a Modem with a Router, That is giving you a NAT 3 when you try to go the other route of Forwarding Ports for your PlayStation 3, this way will 100% WORK!
1. Reset your modem and router completely to default settings. So that when you log in all Port Forwarding is empty . If you do not know how to do this call your internet provider. Get the IP address of your router by going into network settings in XP (provided you have a pc hooked up to the router also. most usually do) Grab the IP address for the router. (Network settings, Local area connection, Details tab, write down Ip address. thats it) ( close network settings window! THAT's only for yourROUTER's IP.
2. Open a new browser and type the 192. 168.X.X number that you obtained from your Internet Provider, into the address bar to log into your modem. When you are into the modems settings, You want to set up The DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) to have the IP ADDRESS of YOUR ROUTER. 192.168.X.X (where X is the number you see)
3. Make a new connection on the PS3, while connected to the ROUTER and check to see what the IP address is on there. It should work.
4. WRITE DOWN the IP address of the PS3.
5. Log into your ROUTER's configuration settings and goto the Applications/Gaming section. Look for DMZ. (If you do not know how, Call the Manufacturer of your ROUTER. Tell them you wnt to set up a DMZ. They will walk you through it)
6. Now put the IP Address of the PS3 in the space for the DMZ.
7. Reset PS3 to Default Settings. Don't worry your downloads and game saves will be fine. Logins will be reset as well. It's a small price to pay to get it to work properly.
8. Now once your PS3 is back on, goto the Network Setting menu.
9. Make a New Connection with ALL EASY Settings.
10. Test Connection and bask in the glow of NAT TYPE 2.
Enjoy this tutorial. i spent 17 hours straight on two phones trying to get help. Nobody out there seemed willing to help and that is a HUGE issue to alot of people. Incompetence is no excuse. 13 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH LINKSYS AND 4 WITH SONY! That's deplorable.....
my PSN id is teh same as in here, Add me if this tutorial helped you out.
Message Edited by SOOPERGOOMAN187 on 11-04-200701:14 PM
Message Edited by SOOPERGOOMAN187 on 11-04-200701:16 PM
I tried to DMZ my PS3 with .50 and .137 and it would ALWAYS fail the DNS setting. So I set it to .100 and it works fine. So being that my PS3 is DMZ'd I still get disconnected from the PSN. I just read someone's post about disabling the Media Server Connection and so I did that and opened all the ports you listed. BUT, being that my PS3 was DMZ'd, does opening those ports mean anything?
ALSO, what does disabling the Media server do? One more for the night, is it common to get signed out of the network a couple times a night?