First Son
22 posts

Re: [INFO] NFL Sunday Ticket

Sep 23, 2012

jhmg85 wrote:

Thanks for sharing, Moo. You can get the refund to your card if you want. I did. You just need to email Sony support. You can also tweet at Phil Rosenberg (Sony Senior VP) to let him know how displeased you are- he is acknowledging the issues on Twitter right now. https://twitter.com/philrosenberg

If it's a one-week thing, no big deal. I can use it in the store easily enough. But if it's going to be a full refund of some sort, I will definitely ask for it directly back to me. That's just too much money to put back into my PSN wallet.

Message 31 of 41 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Ah, they gave you a refund for one week's worth of service? That's what I was trying to get but they skipped right to refunding the whole shebang. That's even better than what they did for me. I wanted to give them some time to sort this out, not cancel my entire service.

Message 32 of 41 (776 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

May not be perfect, but try this.  

Pause the game your streaming for 30 or 60 seconds, then let it play again. That way the PS3 will have a little more buffer data and I'm hoping you'll experience less buffering and frustration. 

Try it and post your results.  (still doesn't justify the poor feed. I'm just trying to find a bandaid for a crappy situation....)

Message 33 of 41 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I tried that last week. It didn't make any difference. The issue seems to be with the signal Sony/DTV are pushing out, not our systems receiving that signal. So you can pause and let it buffer all you want, it's not going to improve the stream.

Message 34 of 41 (746 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I smell a CLASS ACTION Lawsuit in their future. I will be contacting my lawyer very soon if someone doesn't contact me for full refund to my credit card very soon.

Message 35 of 41 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I submitted for a refund and Sony actually did give me a refund but I think it was due to the fact I submitted a claim to the Better Business Bureau.  Sony initially told me that they were going to review my request for a refund and it would take several days to determine if  I was eligible for a refund. However, a refund was granted almost immediately once Sony was contacted by the Better Business Bureau.

If you are not happy and Sony is dragging their feet, contact the Better Business Bureau. It took me 10 minutes to fill out a report and you will get results with the BBB.

I am highly disappointed in Sony and DirectTV. Yes I did receive a refund but I bought the product so I could watch the Dallas Cowboy games every week in my home. I am so frustrated they could not get get this service to work for a second year in a row. I thought $300 was a little expensive but clearly I paid for it and was excited to have the service. It was such a huge letdown once I saw how terrible the product was and also the lack of effort on Sony and DirectTV to truly address this problem. It is already 3 weeks into the season and the product is terrible. Truly pathetic.

Message 36 of 41 (690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Woke up this morning and decided I was done with this crappy service. After getting the same Error: Cannot connect to server message Weeks 1,2 and 3, I figured it was not going to improve.

Refund request has been submitted.
Message 37 of 41 (671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I love the concept that there is a way to have the ticket without Dierct TV service. However $300 for a service i cannot begin to watch because of the freezing and stutters is just not goint to happen. I have also requested a refund.

Message 38 of 41 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Got this today Cat Very Happy

Thank you for your recent call to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) Consumer Services.

We have reviewed your case and as a one time gesture of goodwill, your credit card has been refunded in the amount of $299.94.

Please note, according to PlayStation® Network (PSN) terms of service and user agreement, all users should safeguard their account information to prevent use by any other user.  SCEA shall have no liability for any unauthorized usage of a PSN account.  SCEA will not be able to refund your account again.

To check on your refund, please contact your credit card company.

If you have questions or require further assistance, please contact us at (866) 286-5123.

Message 39 of 41 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Good for you! My hope is that the volume of refunds will convince them to improve the service. Vote with your wallet, peeps!
Message 40 of 41 (566 Views)
0 Likes