First Son
7 posts

Re: [INFO] NFL Sunday Ticket

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

One thing I will agree with you about, its better then the **bleep** cowbgoys game last week!

Message 21 of 41 (641 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

I switched over to my computer to watch the games and wouldnt you know it, NOT A BIT OF LAG! I paid for the sunday ticket mobile online so I can watch the games on my playstaiton and my computer, tablet, phone, etc. So funny, I can watch the games on my computer with the SAME CONNECTION , MODEM, ROUTER as my playstation with no lag at all ( in HD ) but sony support says its my fault. LOL

Sony, get your head out of your **bleep** idiots!

Game looks HD too, looks really nice!

Message 22 of 41 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 23, 2012

How about now? Most of the 1st games are over now and I noticed some improvement since the beginning of the game.

I switched to  HOU vs DEN and the quality is poor and its lagging. hopefully it improves...

At this point point in the HOU/DEN game I would give a 4/10.  Maybe people will give up watching the game and more bandwith is allocated to me! Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 41 (553 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 23, 2012

I'm still having the same issue of receiving "video not available" pop ups when I try to watch the games. Super frustrating. The stats pages and scores all update in real time, but I can't frickin' watch anything.

Message 24 of 41 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Trying to watch any game that is "popular" is pretty futile on the PS3 due to lag, buffering and pixelation.  The OT games that took place today were mostly unwatchable.   I even got multple "Cannot connect to server" errors when attempting to switch between them.  Please apply the appropriate resources so we get a decent product that we expect for $300.

Message 25 of 41 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Huge joke. As soon as the 3 OT games happened, the whole service crashed for me.. Spent 30 minutes on hold with the CSR and she has the nerve to tell me it is a problem with my router.. That's BS. 300 dollars I paid for this. Missed all 3 OT games. Still struggling with buffering and WE'RE SORRY windows right now.
Message 26 of 41 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 23, 2012

File for your refund and make them hand your $300 back over. It's the only way they will be forced to improve the service. Don't suffer through it every week and let them rob you.

Message 27 of 41 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 23, 2012

I got the freezing, skipping to the previous play, same thing as everyone else last week. I said I would give it one more week and see if it gets better. Had the same issue today with the Bears vs. St. Louis game so I called Direct TV. Explain how I can stream MLB, Amazon, etc. with no problems from my PS3. I told them I had photos and videos of it freezing and I know it is not my network because I never drop below a 95% signal strength and have a 40mb connection. I asked if they could refund me or would I need to dispute with Amex. The customer service rep was very apologetic and put the refund through with no issues. 

Message 28 of 41 (479 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Posted this previously elsewhere but it is pertinent here because it gives details to the issues being experienced:

OptimusMoo wrote:

I am going to give my two cents since this is a NFLST thread: I am very close to canceling my service of it.

I got the service to watch my Niners out-of-market. I have Verizon FiOS Internet and the connection is super reliable with no issues. I haven't had any problems in the world with anything. I've had other ISPs in the past and had issues and know when things are on my end and their end. I am savvy enough to figure that stuff out.

Week 1 of 2011 when it came out, they had massive issues for the 1 p.m. games. Everybody nationwide got something like a $25 dollar refund for the inconvenience. Not an issue the rest of the year. Based on this, and given they fixed the growing pains of the first week of a new service, I went for it again. This is how 2012 has unfolded:

• Week 1 2012: Fine. No issues. I was very content.
  • Week 2 2012: 4 p.m. slate of games absolutely unwatchable. Was not happy. But my game wasn't affected (Niners were on SNF), so I didn't care. I let it slide, though I was kind of upset.
  • Week 3 2012 Part 1: 1 p.m. games were all okay except the Niners-Vikings game -- my game of interest -- stuttered. A lot. All the other games at the time were fine. I called Sony and was told to do several fixes, including turning media server on the PS3 off and rebooting the PS3 and router and all that jazz. Was told I needed to contact my ISP and get port forwarding set up correctly. I disagreed silently with this assessment to fix it, but I went along with it. Called my ISP and was on hold for 30 minutes waiting to get through when I kept watching other games on the NFLST with no issues, but could never get my game to work right.
  • Week 3 2012 Part 2: Called Sony back and told them it wasn't anything I was doing. If it was, why is just one game bad and not the entire NFLST? Told them because it was my Niners game I was very upset with the situation. They offered me a refund which will not go to my credit card but to my PSN wallet, and it will be within 1-2 weeks that I receive it. Amount unknown. I figured the issue was resolved.
  • Week 3 2012 Part 3: Around 4:20 p.m., we had KC-NO in OT and DET-TEN in OT, and the 4 p.m. games kicking into gear. The entire thing died. All the games died. Had to call Sony a third time and finally got told that, yes, they were aware of issues as others had reported in their own issues. It is now 5:20 p.m. and all seems to be back online after an hour of being messed up. It is the last time I will call Sony today. If it dies again I am shutting it off.

Thankfully, my Niners-Jets game is very likely be shown on local TV for me in Week 4 so I won't super need the NFLST, but I'll still have it on nonetheless, and I will still monitor the issues. If there are more issues, I will call Sony and demand a full refund. Sony is on two strikes and that would be the third.

And by Sony, I understand that it may not be Sony itself but DirecTV's providing of the streams. At this point, I do not care who technically is responsible for the issues, but it needs to be dealt with. Whatever needs to be done needs to be done. There is no reason why people should get such cruddy service for paying $300 up front -- no option for payments this year, either -- and have to get a very subpar product.

I guess the only positive thus far is it is $300 and not $400 like last season, but I think the product needs to be priced even less, because it is vanilla with not many options to justify $300 for it. I do it because it is actually cheaper to be at home and watch football than go to a sports bar, but at this point, I think reliability of going to a sports bar may be better and just pay a few extra bucks per week.

Message 29 of 41 (472 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Thanks for sharing, Moo. You can get the refund to your card if you want. I did. You just need to email Sony support. You can also tweet at Phil Rosenberg (Sony Senior VP) to let him know how displeased you are- he is acknowledging the issues on Twitter right now. https://twitter.com/philrosenberg

Message 30 of 41 (468 Views)
0 Likes