Sep 18 2012
By: Joystick_Warrior PlayStation Support 4425 posts

[INFO] NFL Sunday Ticket

[ Edited ]
40 replies 2197 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

Hey all. We've been noticing that some people have been having issues with NFL Sunday Ticket. We hope that some of your questions can be answered here from our Knowledge Center:

How can I resolve problems streaming/accessing DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket on PlayStation®3?

If you are still having issues after attempting the solutions in the above article, please post here and let us know. Thanks and we appreciate your patience as we continue to improve our services to you.

-Joystick_Warrior

Message 1 of 41 (2,197 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Re: [INFO] NFL Sunday Ticket

Sep 18, 2012

This is DAYS late...where are our refunds?!

Message 2 of 41 (2,186 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Sep 18, 2012

This is the worst experience of streaming sports I have ever experienced on my PS3. I have had a few years of mlb.tv streaming, NHL game center, and even the sham NFL Sunday ticket last year. It was "good enough" even with its lag/buffer, (had to change from one game to another just to get back to live stream..BS...) that getting to see the beloved Lions every week in DC was worth it. But this week’s stream is unwatchable; it wasn’t that bad last week. But...this has been a disappointing week; everyone I know loves a chill Sunday afternoon watching amazing games and the best game being played by the best players in the world. So we spend days in advance of Sunday, talking about how excited we are for "Football Sunday" and when you invite a group of people over to have a great day with friends, everyone is disappointed and the host feels embarrassed for letting them down by not being able to deliver on the earlier promise of football food and fun. I really don’t know who this problem resides with, SONY, or DIRECT TV, (I'm quite confident that my internet connection/or provider is not the issue, from how much PS3 Streaming I do its obvious NFL Sunday Ticket is aberration.) but both need to have some kind of response to this. I feel like this kind of service is incredible if it would only function as advertised. Sadly it does not and a lot of people probably wasted hard earned money on something that didn't do what "They" said it would. 

Message 3 of 41 (2,183 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

Sep 18, 2012

20 minutes on the phone, on hold for the second time...only result so far has been wasted time and failed troubleshooting of resetting my equipment, turning off media server settings on PS3 network settings, and reinstalling the Direct TV NFL Sunday ticket application. Then they said they woud "pass my information up" and I should be on the look out for an email addressing the problem. 

update....no email from anyone today...added @askplaystation to my twitter got nothing in reply after

Message 4 of 41 (2,184 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 19, 2012

This is insulting. Troubleshooting would have been helpful during the game...which is when I tried it. This is not an issue of loose cords or slow connections, it was a serious failure by the Somy and DirecTV teams to deliver a watchable stream of the Seahawks Cowboys game. We deserve much better than a link to a useless troubleshooting page. How many more games will be like this? We only get 16 per season and we are paying $300 dollars for the ability to watch them. You FAILED to provide that to us on Sunday.

How are you working to make sure it doesn't happen again? We await the details of your plan eagerly.

Message 5 of 41 (2,163 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 19, 2012
I bought a PS3 just for this Sunday Ticket! It was the worst streaming experience of my life. Netflix HD and Amazon Instant Video are flawless. I turned on the Sunday Ticket for the first time ever and it was unwatchable! $300???? C'Mon Sony! I have a 50mbps download by 10mbps upload hard wired connection and it was terrible. The worst game was the Cowboys game, the others weren't as bad but still not watchable.
Message 6 of 41 (2,154 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

Posted this in the other thread, but I want to make sure it gets read:

JW, we have already reported the issue. By the time people make it to the forums, they have already tried the simple troubleshooting. I will lay out what happened to me and presumably everyone else:

1) we paid $300 up front for this service, with no way to test it out.

2) Week 1 was flawless. Every game was smooth. I raved about it to my friends and family. I have a fiberoptic Internet connection. Bandwidth on my end will NEVER be an issue.

3) The morning games on Week 2 were flawless. Great picture, no freezing.

4) The Seahawks-Cowboys game starts. The quality is horrible. It freezes every 90 seconds. The timeline jumps around- I would miss 3 or 4 plays while the loading wheel jus spins and spins, only to come back to find that the other team now has the ball. This continues all game. All game. This is 1/16th of the entire experience I will receive from this service, and it was unwatchable.

Please escalate this for us. Now. This service costs as much as the Playstation itself. And you claim that no refunds can be given. 

Message 7 of 41 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I agree.  I was getting 20 mbps down and the buffering made every game for me unwatchable.  Every game was also worse than 480P Quality.  Tons of macro blocking. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 41 (2,136 Views)
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

Resetting a brand new PS3, rebooting the ATT router (18 mbs) turning off /on a  brand new Sony Bravia XBR 929, resetting the brand new 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System  did not help resolve the crummy Sunday ticket service.   I spent well over  5K to watch football and the best Sony can tell me is they "think" its my internet provider service.....    Come on...  If you're going to tell me "a small percentage of our Sunday Ticket" customers had issues"  at least show me the proof how you determined it was only a small percentage? 

I'm sure some Sony Exec's were trying to watch football using PS3 Sunday Ticket and experienced the same issues everyone is complaining about. Did they try calling support and experience the same thing everyone else experienced. If the execs haven't tried calling Sony support, they should try it. I'm sure they'd pull some hair out.

If the service is lousy, just admit it, fix it or start refunding money.  

Don't blame the customer, stop blaming everyone  and just do the right thing and make a bad situation into a good one again.

PS... I didn't pay $300 to be a guinea pig for Sunday Ticket

Message 9 of 41 (2,129 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Well put, bleuhound.
Message 10 of 41 (2,112 Views)
0 Likes