Dec 23 2011
By: fun27gamer First Son 16 posts
Accepted Solution

INBOX GIVEAWAY???

8 replies 44 views Edited Dec 23, 2011

Hello All,

You all are probably the best people in the world at giving input so....... Here Goes.....

I recieved a message in my inbox on the PSN from a friend saying that Playstation was giving away $50 for their errors all you have to do is sent the message out to your friends and you'll get a code. Sound fishy to me and I tried to hit up PSN on twitter but to no avail. I realize this is not a "HOME" question since you all are the best at answering ?'s i am going with you all.

thanks for your time

Message 1 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Re: INBOX GIVEAWAY???

Dec 23, 2011

its fake, report it.

unless the sender is PSN, SONY or PLAYSTATION its fake

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 2 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Dec 23, 2011

I get those all the time, Its spam so I just delete them.

Message 3 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Dec 23, 2011

I delete the message, then I reply to my friend saying "DID YOU REALLY BELEIVE THIS?"

Message 4 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4010 posts

Dec 23, 2011

yea its just spam. just delete the msg & move on. ppl send these kinda msgs almost daily & if these were true i'm sure Sony would prolly lose more money then gain

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 5 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26500 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Any message that tells us to send the same message to a bunch of people is most likely a fake. Doing so will clog the internet and our Inboxes. This is called spamming.

If we are not sure about the status of such a message, it will do no harm in reporting it. If the message is legitimate (and often it isn't), the Network Moderators will understand. If the message is a scam/spam/phishing, action will be taken against the offending account.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Now wait a minute, I got one once that said Bungie was going to release Halo on PS3 if that message was sent to 5000 PSN users, are you suggesting that is fake, too?

Message 7 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26500 posts

Dec 23, 2011

cuterena wrote:

Now wait a minute, I got one once that said Bungie was going to release Halo on PS3 if that message was sent to 5000 PSN users, are you suggesting that is fake, too?

Allow me to clarify two points.

1) Not all such messages are spam. Some are legitimate/acceptable messages created to sell a product or bring awareness to it.

2) If we suspect that sometging is not right, there is no harm in reporting it. If the message is legitimate, then the report will be looked at/ investigated and put aside. If it's not legitimate, once it's been looked at/investigated, action will be taken against those who originated it. And there is a trail left behind.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Wow....I didn't really expect an answer, as I felt it was painfully obvious I was being sarcastic. The thought that Bungie would have control over releasing a product that isn't even theirs onto a new console is just ludicrous. I realize the message was spam, and just felt it was amusing to point out one of the more blatantly stupid messages I have seen.

Thanks for clarification, though I don't really think any was required. PSN isn't giving us anything for sending messages, nor do they monitor them without cause to do so.

Did you really think I was shocked that this message was bogus Conrad?

Message 9 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes