Highlighted
Dec 03 2013
By: commandoape First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

I've been hacked

12 replies 1032 views Edited Dec 3, 2013
To make a long story short I have been hacked and someone has bought games on my account and game shared it to theirs. If I download the already purchased games(though they are with my money, but not bought by me) and I report it to Sony, will I have to pay for the games I downloaded ?
In other words, can I download games purchased with my money that are not purchased by me and not get charged if I contact Sony?
Message 1 of 13 (1,032 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9036 posts

Re: I've been hacked

Dec 3, 2013

You should contact Sony and let then know your situation.Follow the link below.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 13 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013
Ok, you're telling me that you game shared with someone and stole your account? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

First thing, it's against the Terms or Service to gameshare. If that game was bought on your account, it was purchased with your account's money on that account only. I don't understand why you would have call Sony about this. Once you buy it, it's always free to download it on that account.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 3 of 13 (1,017 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Dec 3, 2013

commandoape wrote:
To make a long story short I have been hacked and someone has bought games on my account and game shared it to theirs. If I download the already purchased games(though they are with my money, but not bought by me) and I report it to Sony, will I have to pay for the games I downloaded ?
In other words, can I download games purchased with my money that are not purchased by me and not get charged if I contact Sony?

This sounds very questionable. Almost every aspect of this scenario raised a red flag in my head.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 13 (1,007 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Wondering how you were hacked.....

unless the other person knows your email address and password used to login... they cant have access to your PSN ID.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 13 (1,004 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Well the only way you got hacked was because you gave out your information. No one can get on your account unless you give it to them willingly. Smiley Sad 

But, do what Kane-Fire told you to do... Try not giving out your info again. If it happens again they would most likely terminate the account.

Message 6 of 13 (997 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Change you password and report it to Sony or, change your password and take note of the life lesson.

The truth will determine your choice of actions.

The fact that your primary concern is wanting some free games leads me to a fairly simple conclusion.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 7 of 13 (987 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Well, I never game shared. I just had games purchased on my account that I never personally purchased. I talked to a worker in GameStop, and he had the same problem. He got a refund for the things he didn't download. Even if he didn't purchase them and he downloaded them he got charged. Thanks for the responses, and any more are welcome!
Message 8 of 13 (932 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9212 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

commandoape wrote:
Well, I never game shared. I just had games purchased on my account that I never personally purchased. I talked to a worker in GameStop, and he had the same problem. He got a refund for the things he didn't download. Even if he didn't purchase them and he downloaded them he got charged. Thanks for the responses, and any more are welcome!

he lied to you.

what i see here is you downloaded  the games and  you invent the hack thing so sony gives you back the money and you keep the games you bough for free.

wssclanXbox one: Phew Phew Phew.
Ps4:BANG BANG BANG.
Outcome: Xbox One is down call the ambulance"Wii U Wii U Wii U
Message 9 of 13 (929 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Dec 4, 2013

commandoape wrote:

Soooo.... How were you able to have games on your account that you never purchased? 

Don't try to socially engineer here... Some of us know what you're trying to do.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 13 (869 Views)